v17 Using NFO file to force information
I think I either have NFO files confused, or that I'm doing something wrong.

I'm trying to use NFO files to alter information about some of my movies. As I've started to gather several UHD Blu-rays, my plan was to add stubs with NFO files so that the movies would show up with correct information in Kodi. But whatever I do, Kodi seems to just ignore what is in the NFO file, and just use the information it pulls from TMDB, and no media flags shows up on the stubs at all.
I tried changing information with NFO files next to actual media files, but changing dtshd_ma to just dts did no difference, same with change resolution from 1080p to 2160p in the NFO file. Kodi still said DTS-HD MA and 1080p

Quite annoying to not have an easy way to fake library information
There is some information that I think comes from analyzing the actual media file, and that can't be overridden (at least not that I've ever found). So things like sound and video encoding aren't taken from TMDB or an NFO file. They are gotten directly from the file. If you're trying to fake things other than the resolution and sound, you should be able to do that, but I think it's all or nothing. Either the NFO file is used and leaves empty anything not in it, or TMDB is used.
I can understand it when I have an actual media file, but isn't it possible with stubs files? The stub file feature seems quite unfinished if it's not possible there
Have no idea and just thinking out loud, but have you tried going into media settings/video/extract thumbnails and video information and de-selecting/turn it off, then include <fileinfo> sections in your nfo files?

scott s.
Doesn't look like it made a different. Also it's quite a bad solution, as that would turn it off for my whole library, I just won't to provide the information for stubs, not actual files
Hi.

I'm experienced with stubs.

In Kosi, select as first scrapper the NFO one, where you select the type of media that that folder contains.

Then, in explorer, create a folder with the name and year of the movie. Inside, create a NFO file for the movie. Use the usual name conventions: name.year.resolution.codecs.nfo. Take as an example a real one and change it with the details that you want.

Create a .disc stub. Take a look in the Wiki for the structure. Name the .disc file exactly as the NFO file.

Then, in Kodi, update the library. Then, the new stub should appear. If the nfo scrapper is properly configured, some media flags are taken from the name of the .disc file, while name, plot, score, etc, from the content of the NFO.
That seems to do the trick. A bit of work setting it up by getting all thumbnails, nfo data etc. for each movie, but it'll be less of a hassle when I've worked through the first chunk of movies

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using NFO file to force information0