• 13(current)
New "common" but unofficial add-on repo discussion
This "conversation" sums up nicely why I have no interest of contributin in the kodi project. Even most Germans are more relaxed and eaysy going than KODI dev's and they are known to be te most up tight nation in the whole world. I know I am not alone with my oppinion...

Lähetetty minun X5 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
(2016-10-02, 17:22)hiehot Wrote: This "conversation" sums up nicely why I have no interest of contributin in the kodi project. Even most Germans are more relaxed and eaysy going than KODI dev's and they are known to be te most up tight nation in the whole world. I know I am not alone with my oppinion...

Lähetetty minun X5 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
+1 from Germany Smile
Well this was both interesting and shameful to Read

1. Interesting part was the Repo idea
2. The Shameful "To make my point i will use some Bleep words"

Why the hell are Kodi "Staff" having this debate in the open, have you lost your fuc... senses
We can all agree on no one like Martin or Ronie, not here or on Reddit or any other Forum
But a "Mod" is not suppose to be Mr Popular I Would properly not like Ronie or Martin if i knew them personally,
BUT After Reading several 100 pages i can't lift a finger on Ronies "Modding" he does a good job, i have run a forum myself.
Its frustrating and you need to be hard, i think he is an idiot "in the sense that he can be harsh and unfriendly to "idiot users with idiot questions" and should properly work on that.
But other then that he does a good Job, Martin i just don't like seems very unfriendly but that's my opinion.
I do not agree with the Ban of Rob, it seems like a display of "i do not like what you did so your banned" Very simple minded.
BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE FULL STORY BEHIND ROB AND RONIES LOVER'S QUARREL.
So i really cannot judge the fairness or ronie's decision for doing so.
The thread where rob gets banned does not provide the whole picture.

So all though its properly very amusing for members to read, when you go for the kill at each other, its shameful and not worthy to "Kodi" and i can't understand why Nate has not put a stop to it.

So if you want to "fight with each other" do it right and next time you all meet rent a boxing hall and beat each other up there, AND stop acting like Girl's Your Men "Well most of you are" and this Girl bitching is embarrassing for our Gender.
If i have offended some please let me say.
TUFF it was intended that way.
Know could we please get back to talking Repo
Big Grin
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-10-19, 06:32)kimkl Wrote: Know could we please get back to talking Repo
Big Grin

Considering recent events, this is never going to happen ! At least not over here.

Any plugin/addon in the repo that has some sort of code that would prevent it from going into the official (one of the reasons of creating this repo), is considered bad code and therefor the addon will be banned from discussing on these forums, which also makes the repo being banned to discuss on these forums.

If one of the initial initiators of this repo could fins another place to discuss, place the link here, this thread could be closed as well.

Onwards!
(2016-10-19, 09:19)j1nx Wrote: Considering recent events, this is never going to happen ! At least not over here.

I'm still quietly working away on a solution to this... although it may need to start small under current rules at first.

I'm still trying to work out how to deal with the Add-on XML metadata that is endlessly complicated in some areas.

We have also seen discussion about banners and logos for Add-ons, which will be a nice leap forward.

I just wanted to write this as people seemed to assume this topic has had no progress Wink
@zag,

May I ask a question or 2 about this proposal?

1) It seems this may inherit some / all rules from the official repo as I believe you've just stated?
2) Would this repo, if it does eventualyl come to fruition by a place for things like Skin Mods or is the intention just to be for addons?, I think mine is still technically classed as a mod and not a unique skin itself?

With regards to 1) I'm just asking as I believe current offical repo skin rules is that the skin cannot be over 100MB in size and Madnox is over 700MB so will never be available for consideration of acceptance to the official repo, although I'm not sure it would be accepted anwway. Always been asked about a repo for it but don't have the means to do my own. I do plan in attempting to reduce the size of Madnox but I don't think it'll ever be below 100MB, my time is mainly now just updating for next version of Kodi as generally a lot changes now between versions and some of it is initially outside my skillset, but I get there eventually with the very generous help of friends and Team kodi members.

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Zag has an idea for add-on submission, and that is sort of its own thing. I still welcome that idea for the repo that we're talking about in this thread (though I don't want him to get caught up in any drama), but just to be clear. Unless Zag is also working on his own repo, content wise?
OK, fair enough.

Question then; Is there already some sort of list with the most likely added addons into this repo. Am I still correct to think that all of Rob's addons are on that list as that saga started this whole conversation?

Which addons are out there that will mostly benefit from this repo as it's home place? Let's have a look, because I see it happening that as soon as an addon is on there that is considered a bad addon by Team Kodi. There is no longer a place for the repo on these forums.

Let's not start another drama saga all over and move the discussion elsewhere way in advanced of that. Otherwise we will end up with the same "chicken and egg" thing.

IMHO
Yeh I'm more working on the technology for a more user/developer centered repository.

So it takes out the human element to a lot of these decisions. Basically the ultimate idea is to just get an approved or denied message, with a reason and guide to improve the submission.

Also looking at replacing the mailing list, and emails as a way to submit.

Whether that comes in the form of a 3rd party repo, improvements to the official, or something else, I have no idea at the moment.
Currently this thread has been closed.

For more details, see here,
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New "common" but unofficial add-on repo discussion6