BBC PodRadio - developing a plugin for BBC podcasts and radio
I wanted to try the new plugin system so I've created one the allows you to browse all the the BBC Podcasts.

It seems to work quite well, but I'd be interested in feedback from plugin writers, especially in the use of infolabels.

A question: whats purpose does the totalItems serve in the addDirectoryItem - it seems to make no difference to the lists?

I plan to include it in the full script release to xbmcscripts.com when thats finished, which won't be just yet as I'm also using that as an experiment in using WindowXML.

anyways. give it a try , let me know what you think.

Installation:

Put default.py into new folder Q:\plugins\music\BBC Podcasts

limited downloads from YouSendIt link

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
totalitems just allows the progress dialog to have a progressbar
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I've used a normal dialogProgress around the fetching of the data. Does that mean I neednt bother with that as it will show its own progress dialog (with bar) ? Can we pass a title and message to that dialog ?

Is there a way of adding your own plugin title to the skin, ie. next to where it says xbox media center Music on top of page ? Just so the user knows which source he's currently browsing within the Music section.
Retired from Add-on dev
I would like the option to pass a title and all three lines, but currently no.

I would also like the label to be dynamic, i've asked if an infolabel could be added, based on what share your in.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nice plugin, thanks a lot !
early days, but the plugin system works well.

Another question. Can each plugin have its own thumb image, like scripts do ? I've tried putting a default.tbn in its folder but it doesnt pick it up ?

If you get chance to try the plugin, feel free to tell let me know if i've got any fundamentals wrong ?
Retired from Add-on dev
it's a media source, you can add a thumbnail via context.
'BBC Podcasts' becomes 'BBC PodRadio' as I've expanded the plugin to also include BBC Radio.

Install default.py to Q:\plugins\music\BBC PodRadio

Limited downloads here

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
can you repost the plugin file, it has expired.

Idan
I'll be posting a re written v2 in next few days, to xbmcscripts.com
This is a WindowsXML version thats skinnable. It includes the Plugin and will self install. Also includes any fixes that ppl have pointed out to me.
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB,

Can I ask what is different between the "plugin" and "script"? I downloaded the script version last week (from another forum thread) and have it running great.

Are there some advantages to using a plugin over a script?

Thanks.
Great script, but the listen again feature returns "no media file" on everything I've tried. Podcasts and listen live work perfectly for me...
script & plugin differences: A skinable/animated/pretty GUI over straight directory lists. no functional differences (apart from I'd missed of Live radio on the plugin, which in now in v2)

"no media file" was a problem. v2 fixes it.

Its not appeared on xbmcscripts.com yet unfortunately.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Thanks for that BBB.

I'll keep a lookout on xbmcscripts for the update.

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBC PodRadio - developing a plugin for BBC podcasts and radio0