v16 Going back to windows 7
As title states I am reverting back to Windows 7. I have had nothing but problems since upgrading to Win 10. Biggest issue is system start up after sleep. All I get is a black screen. I have tried various settings using launcher for Kodi including start Kodi when resuming from sleep, closing Kodi when sleeping etc. I also set the power button to do nothing and leaving computer powered up and still have to either restart pc or use ctrl-alt delete buttons and then hit cancel, then the desktop will show up, then I can start Kodi.. Before Windows 10 upgrade when I started up my home theatre Kodi started up fine about 99% of the time. Today just for kicks I started the AVR and TV manually using the power buttons and then tried to wake the pc using my MCE remote and also my keyboard and nothing I tried would work, I then tried ctrl-alt delete and got the task manager menu hit cancel then desk top came up. If I can come up with a solution I may try windows 10 later but for now 7 will work for me. Has any one else had this issue? I checked the log and since the computer will not wake up there is nothing in it. Once I get the pc to wake up Kodi then works fine. Also I even tried Krypton beta 1 and still no love.

Update, I just finished with the windows 7 rollback and the pc is starting up from sleep fine. I did not make any changes in Launcher for Kodi and when I wake up the computer with my universal remote it starts up in windows than launches Kodi. I currently have launcher set to force close Kodi when system sleeps. I hope this gets the wife off my back as every since I switched to windows 10 she has not been able to watch TV using Kodi. I only do OTA viewing so we can always revert back to the TV tuner if needed. I needed to get the start up issue fixed before the new fall TV shows start so we can DVR them and watch later. I know many others have got windows 10 to work for them, but I could not.
Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Just an update to my switch back to windows 7. Kodi is still starting up every time I start my Home Theater. I still have not decided if I will keep using NextPVR as my backend or try something different. From time to time it has issues with changing channels. At least for now the wife is happy. Can any one recommend a different Live TV PVR that is working well for them? We only do OTA antenna TV no cable or sat.
Since you are back to Win 7 you might give pvr wmc a try. For an htpc, I don't really see any compelling reason to "upgrade" to win 10.

scott s.
(2016-08-30, 07:34)scott967 Wrote: Since you are back to Win 7 you might give pvr wmc a try. For an htpc, I don't really see any compelling reason to "upgrade" to win 10.

scott s.

We used to use WMC before the Rovi guide changeover. With Rovi I can only get guide information for over half of my channels. I can pull OTA channels from 3 different zip codes but Rovi will only allow guide info for one. Also there are many features of Kodi that we like better than WMC. Kodi is still starting up and playing fine other than some channel tuning problems I am having.
Thanks for the reply.
Note that pvr wmc uses Kodi as the front end and windows wmc is just the back end. But for me a major reason I use it is for the EPG. It took a couple months for the guide source change to sort out for me but now it works OK. I've had some glitches with series recordings (the wmc backend actually finds and schedules the recordings based on the series timers set in Kodi). But without the guide wmc really doesn't provide any advantage to NPVR.

scott s.
(2016-08-30, 21:34)scott967 Wrote: Note that pvr wmc uses Kodi as the front end and windows wmc is just the back end. But for me a major reason I use it is for the EPG. It took a couple months for the guide source change to sort out for me but now it works OK. I've had some glitches with series recordings (the wmc backend actually finds and schedules the recordings based on the series timers set in Kodi). But without the guide wmc really doesn't provide any advantage to NPVR.

scott s.

I did try Kodi with WMC as the back end and the reason I do not like it is it still uses the same Rovi guide information as WMC and as I stated earlier With Rovi I can only get guide information for less than 1/2 of my channels. My reasons for going back to windows 7 was because of startup issues most of the time kodi would not start up when resuming from sleep. Since switching back it has started up flawlessly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going back to windows 70