Android System can write to SD card but not kodi
I understand that. What I tried to say is perhaps the uninstall process only removes kodi from menu listing and not really removes the whole kodi package off the firmware. In this case, it is still there wasting the storage and will be shown after a factory reset is performed.

OTOH and I have not done this yet on my OTT TV Box, I can simply remove and/or rename the existing .kodi sub-directory in my account on my Linux desktop computer and kodi will recreate it with a new setting without those add-ons existed on the old .kodi sub-directory, a.k.a a fresh start. What I don't know is if this can be simply done on an Android system to get a fresh kodi.
Uninstall kodi.
Check there's nothing in android/data/org.kodi.org.
If you have the play store install kodi from it.
If not download an .apk from here and install it.
That's it. Clean kodi.
There's no more to do, and no more to say about it.

Except no, that doesn't just remove it from menu listings.
There is no need to uninstall kodi. Just do as I explained above, i.e. shutdown kodi, remove the .kodi subdirectory, and restart kodi sans the any external add-ons. Also, the problem still persists even after I removed the .kodi subdirectory. Regardless, I managed to finally fix the writing issue to my SD card using kodi as shown below (no more Write Error Detected message). Now, I can move the backup file to my other TV Boxes and configure them the same as my Android TV Box.
watch gallery
(2016-08-28, 18:26)Habibie Wrote: There is no need to uninstall kodi. Just do as I explained above
There is if you want to be 100% confident about where it came from.
(2016-08-28, 19:15)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 18:26)Habibie Wrote: There is no need to uninstall kodi. Just do as I explained above
There is if you want to be 100% confident about where it came from.
TBH, if you want to be 100% confident about where it came from, I would not buy such a hardware to start with.
(2016-08-29, 02:32)Habibie Wrote: TBH, if you want to be 100% confident about where it came from, I would not buy such a hardware to start with.
That makes no sense.
If I install an .apk I know where it's from.
I see you have the maintenance tool. I belive the same repo has an addon called "fresh start". You can try that if you are not confident that you would be able to uninstall and reinstall. I use it semi-often to clean out all my installs and start over.

Sent from my SM-G900V
Not good advice - both the tool and the repo it's from are banned add-ons (wiki) as the former can do much more harm than good, and the latter contains all sorts of undesirable add-ons.

If you go that way then you're on your own in terms of support here, as we don't offer any for installs contaminated with crap from that list.

In any case doing such a reset is not too difficult - you just need to rename or delete the kodi/,kodi folder (which is where Kodi stores all its settings, add-ons etc). You'll find it one level up from your userdata (wiki) folder on your device.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
System can write to SD card but not kodi0