direct sound ONLY for current show?
Scenario: I split my HTPC's HDMI signal to several locations, only one of which can handle more than two channel audio. I've configured the EDID so the HTPC thinks all locations are capable of everything, which is the way I need it so I can use the max available at any location. To make audio work in MOST locations I've got Kodi set to 2 channel audio and all is good for the most part... if I'm sittin there watchin stuff and decide to watch something on the "big screen" then as it starts I simply go to audio and tick the box for direct sound and suddenly all the magic of multi-channel DTS comes screamin out the speakers and things are right with the world. Other locations may (or may not) have full spectrum sound based on their own audio decoding capabilities, but I don't care since I'm parked infront of Big Betty.

But later, when I've moved to another location and I'm watching something with a multichannel track on a TV without 'smarts' on board to re-encode that to 2 channel, I'm left with left/right sounds and missing center-channel (i.e. dialog). Fixable by going to audio and unticking that same box. Not a big deal, but....

I'm not sure if this should be a feature request, but seems to me that the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen when playing something should be "till I move away from this track" i.e. only applies till show ends or I hit stop, then settings revert to the configuration I've set at the base of the application. I believe that's the case with audio delay, subtitles and a few other settings, but for some reason the direct sound setting is affecting the univeral configuration rather than current session.

Anyone have thoughts on that?
With no comments I'm unsure if anyone else even sees this inconsistent behavior or not. It looks to me that it's a bug with most of the other things I've "set" from within a show only effect setttings for that showing, other than the direct sound. Anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
direct sound ONLY for current show?0