v17 Wrong aspect ratio playing 3D videos (mkv)
Hi,

just testing Krypton Beta1 on my openSUSE 13 notebook and Beta2 on my Raspberry Pi3 (built from 25.08.2016), and on both machines 3D mkv's are displayed in wrong aspect ratio

1080p H-OU videos are are displayed in 'egg heads' format (looks like 1:1 AR) and
1080p H-SBS videos are displayed in extremely 'fat head' format (looks like 4:1 AR)

Does not matter if I watch them in 2D or 3D format

Jarvis all plays them fine in correct AR

Is this a known issue?
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
am seeing something similar on my Android Minix U1 but it's not effecting all files, all 3d movies playback correctly in Jarvis, with Krypton, some playback ok others have incorrect aspect ratio & when 3d is enabled on my tv the image is all messed up.

I was able to watch it in 2d mode but I had to mess about with the pixel ratio/zoom amount/vertical adjust via the video settings during playback & even then I couldn't get the image looking exactly right but it was watchable.
Lightbulb 
I don't think this is platform related, I have it too on windows.
The issue has already a trac ticket, there seems to be a fix but the link to the build with it doesn't work anymore.
But 17b1 still has the problem and the trac ticket is still active, so I don't know if the fix has been implemented.
It happens to some 3D files, HSBS and HTAB. For them to display the correct aspect ratio, Stretch 16:9 has to be activated.

Media infos:
HSBS file that plays with wrong a/r.
HSBS file that plays correctly.
HTAB file that plays with wrong a/r.
HTAB file that plays correctly.

Debug log.

Ps I think it should be moved to Video support.
Since Tuesday I'm running popcornmix's newclock5 branch on my RPi3 (this version is able to play HEVC 720p and lower bitrate 1080p) Smile.

All my 3D movies are displayed fine with this version

So there is light on the horizon Smile
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
Maybe someone moves this to the Video support subforum to get proper attention? There has already been reports on Android and Windows been affected.
(2016-09-10, 13:00)host505 Wrote: Maybe someone moves this to the Video support subforum to get proper attention? There has already been reports on Android and Windows been affected.

Yep we need a mod to move this to the thread to the video support subforum.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Done
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
You need a trac ticket: trac.kodi.tv with all logfile and sample files.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As I said previously there is one, with a potential fix, but the fix-build link no longer works, and apparently it hasn't been implemented upstream as of 20160906 nightly.
Maybe this commit solves the issue in popcornmix's newclock5 branch
Same issue

kodi trac ticket

ffmpeg trac ticket

.bismarck
FWIW as mentioned in this thread the issue doesn't exist on afedchin's windows mvc branch.
Does it have a general fix that (hopefuly) it'll make it upstream, or is it only windows specific (the fix)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong aspect ratio playing 3D videos (mkv)0