Req Config in Cloud
Hello

The biggest problem with Kodi is how everything is lost when install new. I know there is a Backup addon but it never worked for me and Playlists and stuff are broken.

So how about we can add a cloud-service to our Kodi with ID and PW and Kodi syncs stuff like Favourites, Playlists and stuff? There are tons of free cloud services like Dropbox, Google, Microsoft & co and it would need nearly no time to setup a account just for this.
Well - first that backup addon should work. After that it could be adapted for cloud backends.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
3rd: only embedded platforms like android lose user settings/DBs. On desktop platforms those are retained even if you uninstall kodi.
Mhhh i thought android retains same too - basically all OSes do nevermind the platform no?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-08-27, 16:12)Memphiz Wrote: Mhhh i thought android retains same too - basically all OSes do nevermind the platform no?
If you uninstall on android it will auto remove the userdata without option to keep it.
There might be some tools or something that bypass this behavior
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Android users do have the option to move the userdata folder outside of the normal location, which will then survive uninstalls/reinstalls. Slap in a USB drive or mSD card and have at it :)

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data...or_Android
Thumbs Up 
Hi there,

I added a feature request with something similar a good while back..

My issue wasn't that when you uninstall that it loses your userdata (although that is a pain too) but more that if you had multiple devices that they all had their own userdata copies.

It would be great if you could specify a cloud service when you are creating/editing a Profile and that it saves this stuff to the cloud service of your choice. This way you can have it syncing to the one cloud service to be used on all devices..

I think it would be a great feature and it would also resolve your uninstall/reinstall issue also as when you log in with your profile that all is pulled back down from the cloud again..

Here is hoping

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Config in Cloud0