Serious help needed Kodi 17 wont go away
I am running Ubuntu 16.04 and Kodi 17. Everything was fine until it wasn't lol. I installed the Ares wizard, just to see what would happen with version 17. Nothing good. I now cannot load anything in Kodi. I start Kodi and all I get is a shell with a power off button. So okay just uninstall and reinstall, restore via my backup. Nope. I can't get anything to install except version 17 and it keeps coming back to the empty shell of Kodi. I have uninstalled, purged, rebooted. What do I have to do, install Windows? lmao. Please tell this old stupid man what to do. Thanks in advance
www.libreelec.tv <- invented for people that don't want to cope with linux internals, it's fuck up (layer 8) safe :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And learn the lesson to steer clear of the banned add-ons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki).

As with anything in life, if something is offering something valuable for nothing and seems too good to be true then it probably is. Those junk 3rd party add-ons use illegal pirated sources and can be nothing but trouble, and can be absolute bitches to get rid of once they get a foothold on your system.

Have a read of this for more background.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serious help needed Kodi 17 wont go away0