v17 Compilation on Raspbian?
Hi,

is it possible to compile Kodi 17 from Source on a Raspbian operating system?! I already spent hours trying... :/
I have a Raspberry PI 2 with Raspbian installed. I managed to get openhab and a few other things to work on it, and now I would like to have a working Kodi 17 on it.
I tried to clone the source from github (the master branch), managed to resolve many dependencies, but when i do a ./configure I get something like "16.0 Jarvis Alpha 1" in the Version String. I'm a github newbie, do I do a mistake when checking out the source? I also tried to check out the Source from Milhouse, same result: ./configure spits out a 16.something version... Sad

I know it's not the easiest thing to get a running Kodi 17 on Raspbian, it would be easier to simply grab a working OpenElec and run it OOTB. Because I only have one PI, I'm currently forced to run both, Openhab AND Kodi on the same hardware, although it's not recommended, I know.
Because OpenElec is somekind of a closed system, I cannot simply install openhab on it, so I thought I could do it the other way around: compile Kodi 17 on Raspbian...

Do I have a chance to get a working KODI 17 on Raspbian, like on OpenElec?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers,
Niels
Have you considered OSMC and installing openhab there?
It uses debian as its OS so it quite similar to raspbian.
Thanks popcornmix!

I tried something very similar. I added the osmc PPAs to my raspbian installation. Some dependencies had to be manually resolved and a bit of tweaking was necessary, but basically Kodi works!
There are a few issues with input stream, widevine and amazon, I hope they can be solved... Also I cannot say anything about performance and stability, but for now I'm happy!
This isn't the best idea, because we can't bump firmware or kernel when we need to if you install like this, as you miss one of the metapackages which brings this in. Things might go a bit wonky if you plan to dist-upgrade in the future.

It would be much better to install OpenHAB on OSMC itself.
Thank you Sam.Nazarko, i got your point.
I will invest in another micro SD card and try it. Is java already included in OSMC? And - important question - does widevine work on OSMC as well?
(2016-09-01, 18:32)orpheus Wrote: Thank you Sam.Nazarko, i got your point.
I will invest in another micro SD card and try it. Is java already included in OSMC? And - important question - does widevine work on OSMC as well?

sudo apt-get install default-jre-headless for Java.

widevine libs can be copied across, but it will depend what you want to use them for. With v17 and VideoPlayer, they can be used for Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Sam.Nazarko, that is exactly what I intend to do - Amazon Prime. I hope there will be a plugin for Netflix anytime in the near future!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation on Raspbian?0