Kodi 16.1 crashing on all Android 6.0 devices
Hi there,

I am having issues with Kodi16.1 crashing on Android 6.0 Tv Boxes. All Android 6.0 TV Boxes are bahaving the same.
While browsing on Kodi, it would suddenly stop and go back to the home page stating Kodi has stopped.

T95X
TX3 Pro

Please help if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

Thanks.
(2016-08-28, 01:43)GoGoGadget1981 Wrote: Hi there,

I am having issues with Kodi16.1 crashing on Android 6.0 Tv Boxes. All Android 6.0 TV Boxes are bahaving the same.
While browsing on Kodi, it would suddenly stop and go back to the home page stating Kodi has stopped.

T95X
TX3 Pro

Thanks.

You should probably delete the fully loaded Kodi already on the box and install Kodi from the Play Store or Kodi 17 beta 1.
The cheap TX boxes are known to work badly with Kodi and also have pass-through problems.
Thanks for your answer.

I actually uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled Kodi 16.1 manually.
Both are having the same issues.

I tried to update the URLresolver but it's still happening.
It's on both android 6.0 Devices.

Also, how can Manually install Kodi 17? The one what is only available in the Kodi website is the Jarvis 16.1 only. I haven't seen the Kodi 17 on it as of today.
(2016-08-28, 16:56)GoGoGadget1981 Wrote: Also, how can Manually install Kodi 17? The one what is only available in the Kodi website is the Jarvis 16.1 only. I haven't seen the Kodi 17 on it as of today.
scroll down on the download page and you will find ;-)
It is a problem from kodi,just like spmc with the old version 16.5.0.
SPMC solved this problem with some fixes with version 16.5.3
(2016-08-28, 08:10)mo123 Wrote:

T95X
TX3 Pro

Thanks.

You should probably delete the fully loaded Kodi already on the box and install Kodi from the Play Store or Kodi 17 beta 1.
The cheap TX boxes are known to work badly with Kodi and also have pass-through problems.

Well that was a dumbshit answer...

Anyways, wanna fix it then go to your kodi settings, make sure tire in advanced mode then go to video, then acceleration and untick the first codec.

Restart kodi and problmem is gone!

Your welcome.
(2017-03-01, 15:33)stevieland58 Wrote:

T95X
TX3 Pro

Thanks.

Anyways, wanna fix it then go to your kodi settings, make sure tire in advanced mode then go to video, then acceleration and untick the first codec.

Your welcome.

stevieland58 I also have the crashing problem, really bad & applied your fix but it's still doing it. I have android box Jarvis 16.1 I'm also new to this forum & not sure where to ask for help, searching threads is time consuming.I've taken box back to factory several times, still freezes & crashes. I don't understand a lot of the jargon on here but I can follow how to videos & instructions. Can you help or point me in the right direction for posting? My problem is way more involved than what I wrote here.
I'm having the same exact problem, checked acceleration still crashes. Some times it won't even start. Problem exists on 6 boxes and 2 tablets with Android 6.0.1. Any work around yet?
Crash/dropout happens on kodi 16.0, Andriod 6 anywhere from 5 to minute intervals. Seems like all devices.
(2017-03-03, 07:20)Flixgirl57 Wrote:
(2016-08-28, 08:10)mo123 Wrote: You should probably delete the fully loaded Kodi already on the box and install Kodi from the Play Store or Kodi 17 beta 1.

Your welcome.

stevieland58 I also have the crashing problem, really bad & applied your fix but it's still doing it. I have android box Jarvis 16.1 I'm also new to this forum & not sure where to ask for help, searching threads is time consuming.I've taken box back to factory several times, still freezes & crashes. I don't understand a lot of the jargon on here but I can follow how to videos & instructions. Can you help or point me in the right direction for posting? My problem is way more involved than what I wrote here.

I had the same problem with MXQ Pro Android 6 with Kodi 16.1... and other revisions of Kodi. Oddly, the solution I found adding the "Community Portal" addon by Noobsandnerds solved the problem. If anyone is still having the problem, hope this helps.

T95X
TX3 Pro

Thanks.

Your welcome.

By the way stevie yours is a "dumbshit answer..." that didn't work when I was looking for a fix 3 months ago.
Then give Ping Wing fron Shenzing a call about why your 5$ fuly loaded ebay kodi box wont work. She may be able to assist further...
(2017-08-07, 22:02)Bill Smitty Wrote: By the way stevie yours is a "dumbshit answer..."
(2018-12-01, 14:47)stevieland58 Wrote: Then give Ping Wing fron Shenzing a call about why your 5$ fuly loaded ebay kodi box wont work. She may be able to assist further...
I think we can do without useless reviving of old topics as well as the replies of both of you.
Move on and keep things civil.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 crashing on all Android 6.0 devices0