nfo file tags for "play before episode"
hey all,

so a mod over at The TVDB just nuked a shit-ton of specials from a TV show I watch, and it's royally screwing everything up with scraping episode information. I don't know if it will be fixed (restored) on their end so I've decided to go the NFO route. Here's the rub: all the episodes in question are specials (Season 00), and on TheTVDB they have two fields, "play before episode" and "play after episode", which basically tell Kodi where to list the special under the TV Show episode listings. (Ie S00E34 airs after S02E05, so in the list you would see it as such). Kodi obviously supports this, but I cannot find any info on a tag that would allow this when "manually scraping" using NFO files. I even exported my library to nfo files but no such information appears in them. Is this possible, and if so, how? Many thanks for any help anyone can provide Smile
I think I figured it out. Put this in your episode details NFO:

Code:
<displayseason>3</displayseason>  <!-- For TV show specials, determines how the special episode is sorted in "all" and season views.  -->
<displayepisode>7</displayepisode>  <!-- For TV show specials, determines how the special episode is sorted in "all" and season views. If marked as episode 7, the special will come before the real episode 7.  -->

You don't have to include the comments between the arrows. Those are just to tell you how to use them. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll experiment around some more :)
ahhh, that looks like it works, awesome!! thanks so much Big Grin was staring me right in the face Tongue lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo file tags for "play before episode"0