TV Box - VLC vs Kodi
When I use my Android Smart TV Box (one of the cheap amazon boxes)

I have my movie files on my computer and am accessing them through my network.

When I use Kodi on 1080 files, they are playing stuttery.
When I use VLC on the same files they are fine.

The box can handle the movie playback. (shown with VLC)
Kodi has the issue.
I have alternated between HW and SW acceleration with no success.

Suggestions?
Yes of course I have a suggestion. Post a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The last time I posted a Debug log, my post was instantly thrown into a spam folder for running adons. I don't run any adons, I don't do any streaming.
So I thought I would ask the question before that happened, since I am hoping it is a generic answer that might be something that you folks deal with all the time.
(2016-08-28, 20:33)theglen Wrote: The last time I posted a Debug log, my post was instantly thrown into a spam folder for running adons. I don't run any adons, I don't do any streaming.
So I thought I would ask the question before that happened, since I am hoping it is a generic answer that might be something that you folks deal with all the time.

If you're post got trashed then you must have had banned piracy add-ons and repos installed.

If you don't use piracy add-ons then why do you have them installed?

There no generic answer to your issue, it would just be guesswork.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Ok, so anything installed would have come with the box because I didn't install it.
This is what I ordered.
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_212002.html
From that link you just posted:

Quote:KODI pre-installed: Over 50 most popular Add-ons installed in your KODI.

That's a violation of the Team Kodi Official:Trademark Policy (wiki) (especially section 4), and they are in the wrong as a seller. What you have there is a "fully loaded" box, which we do not like or support here at all.

For more background, see this blog by Nate for more background (it's the one linked to at the top of the main forum page, in case you missed it before).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-28, 20:45)theglen Wrote: Ok, so anything installed would have come with the box because I didn't install it.
This is what I ordered.
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_212002.html

Right then I recommend uninstalling the version of Kodi it comes with and installing the official version from kodi.tv or the Play Store.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
If I uninstall this version of Kodi, will I lose all of my stored movie posters etc? we have our entire media library backed up and running off of our home network (like 1000 of my DVDs). SO when I loaded it for the first time it took hours to go through and not only scan each file for the movie info, but manually change each one that it couldn't find. I then had to do it AGAIN for the other media box in the bedroom. Am I going to have to do that all over again?
on a Reddit forum, someone suggested this... which is all about coding. is there NOT a setting in Kodi that will allow you to accomplish this?

Modify the video caching by increasing the buffer size and the read factor.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_cache
(2016-08-28, 21:07)theglen Wrote: If I uninstall this version of Kodi, will I lose all of my stored movie posters etc? we have our entire media library backed up and running off of our home network (like 1000 of my DVDs). SO when I loaded it for the first time it took hours to go through and not only scan each file for the movie info, but manually change each one that it couldn't find. I then had to do it AGAIN for the other media box in the bedroom. Am I going to have to do that all over again?

Go into the Kodi file manager (wiki) and add a source with the URL

special://home

Then enter this location. Inside should be a folder called "addons". Select it and bring up the context menu (menu button or long-press-select) and select delete. Then quit Kodi and open it back up.

That will preserve your local user library while resetting all add-ons back to default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Box - VLC vs Kodi0