View fotos in 4k on a Sony TV KD-40X8308C
Amazon FireTV 2 will not display photos with correct black levels. It constricts RGB 0-255 to RGB 16-235. RGB 0,0,0 will become 16,16,16 RGB 255,255,255 will become RGB 235,235,235. FireTV 2 only outputs in RGB Limited color space.

You will be better off with a nVIDIA Shield. The Shield's output can be set to RGB Full for 4K 23.976Hz and in some cases for 4K 50/60Hz also. It depends on the connected display.
Wesk,

thank you for the warning! Many don't know how tone mapping really works. Photos often come in sRGB which not only defines the primary stimuli
(triangle in CIE-xy diagram) but also defines a non static gamma correction procedure wich 90% of all softwares ignore while scaling
(see this example: link). The amazon box is even worse...

Is the shield available without the game controller and a normal remote control? (Not a smartphone remote app, I don't have one and probably never will...)

the elf
(2016-08-31, 07:04)Elf_of_Lothlorien Wrote: Is the shield available without the game controller and a normal remote control? (Not a smartphone remote app, I don't have one and probably never will...
Sadly, not. it is only available with the game controller. Occasionally, it is sold with a free remote. Apparently, there is a new Shield coming out soon. If you are in no hurry, you may want to wait for this new model which might be cheaper. I am not sure how soon it will be available in your country.
Thanx. No I'm not in a hurry. I just can't believe, that I need 250 Eur Hardware for the simple task to view photos in 4k, propper order and and without zoom/pan/blank/fuck effects. It is so simple. Maybe I save the money, add some more and try to find a new notebook with HDMI 2.0 output. I need a new one any way.
Coming back to the amazon box: it that behaviour of missing black and white with Kodi only or is it a general hardware limit that no app can overcome?
SOLVED.
Hey folks,

a friend of mine came up with the BeeLink. It has 4k (and even a bit more) and runs Win10.
For half the price of the shield I can run "real" software, not only apps which is quite a difference.
It offers one USB3.0 for a fast memory stick.
ExifPro2.1 performs very well as a slideshow due to preloading images.
What I learned: there is no smart TV. There is TV. Forget smart. Buy some external box according
to your taste.
Again thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View fotos in 4k on a Sony TV KD-40X8308C0