Wetek Core - Problem with HD Sound
Hi guys,

I have a Wetek Core connected via HDMI to an AV receiver Yamaha HTR-3068. I made all the configs on the SPMC so i could listen to HD audio (like DTS-HD). However, when i am listening to this kind of audio the sound have some tiny breaks, life for half-second. The info on the AV receiver, is DTS-HD (for example), but on this breaks it's nothing, like the wetek is not sending any signal. The video is all ok.

Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot,
scasaleiro
SPMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio -> Keep audio device alive for 1 minute

See if that helps.

You might also want to test with the Kodi v17 beta from the download page. I'm told the v17 audio system is a lot better for HD audio (I can't tell because I don't have an AVR that supports HD audio).
I've already tried always, never, 1 min and 10 min and it's always the same :/ And already tested wetek media player and spmc. i'll give a try on kodi 17, but i'm very demotivated since i already spent hours trying to solve this, and nothing :/

(PS: you're everywhere eheh, thanks mate Wink )
Just tried with kodi 17 beta 1 and it has the drops as well and the video is super, super slow :/
Up
Have you gone back to basics and tried another HDMI cable ?
Yes, tried with two high speed hdmi cables
Please try with a v17 build (but with AML enabled, which the nightlies are not) v16 builds have too low buffer for 192 khz raw content. Buffer calculations are quite tricky as on AML as the content is tunneled via 2 channels only, when opening the device "as normal" one would have < 2ms of period, which is much too less. On v17 (until AML was disabled) I computed that sizes linearly in comparison to the 48 khz AC3 case - last time I checked on my wetek core that worked perfectly (as long as you don't use 24p)..
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch thank you for your answer, The kodi v17 i am using is the beta 1 with all enabled i guess (what is the AML you're talking about?). I am trying with several movies and samples videos which are both 23.976 and 29.970 (only have one 29.970 sample file, the others are 23.976).

Thanks for your help Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek Core - Problem with HD Sound0