v16 Smartlist problem
I'm trying to create a smart list to play my music videos in random order that haven't been played for a period of time.

The list is created OK with the videos in random order and I select the first item to play.

It plays the selected video and then I am returned to the playlist.

this time the list is grouped by artist although it is still a single list

pressing play again results in the first selected video playing but it then plays all of the remaining videos for the same artist, when that's done it appears to select a random artist and then plays all their videos.

"grouping" is set to default and I note the "none" is not available for music videos.

Any ideas how to get around this.
Not sure there is a solution, once through the playlist you could queue, then save the queue. It looks like you're fighting a losing battle with the default sort on return. Wondering if a second smart playlist that calls the first, would return a random sort?
Why not just create the smart playlist and then play it in party mode? The only shortfall I see is a bug that results in only the first 10 items in the playlist providing "watched" status so the skin can show the "watched" image.

scott s.
Does anybody know why the first "play" only plays one video and then I am returned to the list?
It's a little glitchy, but it's supposed to work depending on how you have your music playback "play next automatically" radiobutton set (not video). You can also use <p> play to open the playlist vice select the playlist and then selecting a title and then it reliably queues all the playlist into the nowplaying videoplaylist. (You can also create a "mixed" playlist with music videos to access via music playlists).

scott s.
Play next is set for audio files and I've tried changing the setting for video as well with no success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smartlist problem0