Network IP Cameras
Think I'm in the right category..... Can someone point me towards a couple of really good network IP cameras for home surveillance and can be accessed through Kodi? Good HD pictures, night vision, outdoors. Willing to pay up to $150 ea. for probably 3 HD cameras. Need to access in Kodi and also be able to dial into the cameras over internet.

Thanks in advance.
There are a bunch that you could easily access the video stream, but I'm not sure about other features like actually controlling motors, zooming, etc. Do you only need to see the video stream in Kodi?
I'm using Micro 7 cams,seems like they fit your requirements. For Android, I use Tiny Cam Monitor Pro to access in Kodi. From Windoze I'm using Blue Iris. All Micro7 cams are accessible via internet. I also have an Amcrest, the picture quality is the same as Micro7 but the night vision is a lot better, no hot spots. The downside is that while Micro7 records in .avi format, Amcrest uses .dav format and buries files 3 or 4 sub-directories deep.
(2016-08-30, 07:10)cd2022 Wrote: I'm using Micro 7 cams,seems like they fit your requirements. For Android, I use Tiny Cam Monitor Pro to access in Kodi. From Windoze I'm using Blue Iris. All Micro7 cams are accessible via internet. I also have an Amcrest, the picture quality is the same as Micro7 but the night vision is a lot better, no hot spots. The downside is that while Micro7 records in .avi format, Amcrest uses .dav format and buries files 3 or 4 sub-directories deep.

can you link to the micro 7 cams as I'm interested in this but can't seem to find anything useful googling
My bad, it spells different at the vendor. But here's the link.
Microseven
(2016-08-30, 17:12)cd2022 Wrote: My bad, it spells different at the vendor. But here's the link.
Microseven

cheers
(2016-08-30, 06:12)Ned Scott Wrote: There are a bunch that you could easily access the video stream, but I'm not sure about other features like actually controlling motors, zooming, etc. Do you only need to see the video stream in Kodi?

Ned -- I'm not looking for ptz cameras so only need to have a good "static" picture. Just looking for high quality / moderately priced cameras that I can mount and forget. Would like to integrate them both into Kodi and be able to record to a hard drive. Also would want to be able to access them remotely while away from home, through apps if that is the easiest way or by using ip addresses if needed. I'm a big "bang for buck" guy so I'm looking for the most features / easiest setup and maintain / and best price.

I'm fairly comfortable with networks and settings so I should be able to digest what I need and then put everything together. They will be hard-wired to a POE switch and then connected to my home network.

Any help on these cameras / apps / Kodi setup will be greatly appreciated!
I just ordered 3 Reolink RLC-410 bullet cameras from Big River due to good reviews. Those running with Blue Iris for recording / remote viewing should be fine. Should be easy to integrate into Kodi as well --- hopefully. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network IP Cameras0