Customisable home submenus
Damn I was afraid of that I hate the layout of 17.
Confluence is the same in 17.
I didn't even see confluence as an option in 17!..
Oh its an add on now..
Ah ha! I'm not the only one missing the old v16 "Recently Added" sub-tab under "Movies"

Question: with this edit to Confluence, can you change the number of Recently Added items from 5 to, say, 20? Or, perhaps, specify how far back in time "Recently Added" considers something 'recent'?
(2017-02-14, 03:22)eddie200112 Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this built into kodi or is this feature an add-on I need to install? I cant find this menu option anywhere. I'm on Kodi 16 does that matter? I ultimately want to be able to add separate menu items for documentaries, comedy specials, and kids movie under the movies column or at the same level with it.
Thanks

Watch the first youtube video in this post. It is a program addon that allows you to edit the nodes within Kodi itself.
(2017-02-25, 21:50)xantari79 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 03:22)eddie200112 Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this built into kodi or is this feature an add-on I need to install? I cant find this menu option anywhere. I'm on Kodi 16 does that matter? I ultimately want to be able to add separate menu items for documentaries, comedy specials, and kids movie under the movies column or at the same level with it.
Thanks

Watch the first youtube video in this post. It is a program addon that allows you to edit the nodes within Kodi itself.

Thanks. Installed the node Editor and mucked around with it a bit, but w/o success. Was able to add a new node ("New Adds"), and it defaulted to 25 items (YEA!), but can't find any Rule that selects based on most recently added library items. So, the tab simply lists the 25 titles starting on the first hard drive. Sorry - I'm only mucking around in "Movies'

Also found a subtab under Movies called "Recently Added Movies" and was able to move it to be first in the subtabs under "Movies", but - again - can't find a way to Rule it to listing those most recently added to the library (and my new subtab "New Adds" shows up under this "Recently Added Movies" subtab.

In V17 the Welcome Screen, under Confluence, has as a standard feature a "recently added" list that is shown above the main menu items, but it only lists 5 titles. If there is just a way to increase the default to, say, 25 titles this whole problem would be solved!
the music sub menu is empty after startup.

how to fix the problem?
empty signature
Has anyone been able to use this add-on to re-add the 'Recently Added" buttons to the Home Screen under Movies and TV Shows?

I am only able to edit/re-order sub menu items under the Videos menu, similar to how the You Tube video earlier in the thread creates a new menu item under music.

I am running Kodi 17.0 Git:a10c504 on LibreELEC 8.0.
(2017-03-14, 20:30)DugieHowsa Wrote: Has anyone been able to use this add-on to re-add the 'Recently Added" buttons to the Home Screen under Movies and TV Shows?

I am only able to edit/re-order sub menu items under the Videos menu, similar to how the You Tube video earlier in the thread creates a new menu item under music.

I am running Kodi 17.0 Git:a10c504 on LibreELEC 8.0.

I figured it out. I had to toggle the "Flatten Hierarchy" setting as described in the post below.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2493101

Once I toggled it, I was able to get the Library Node Editor to display the proper options and I could make the necessary changes.

Hi guys..

I just need some assistance, Im currently using Comfluence under Kodi 17 and managed to save upto 5 shortcuts add ons on main screen for video music etc. The shortcuts will stay there as long as I do not turn off my android tv box. But once re started, I'll lost all my saved addon icons. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
you used to have the option to read about the movie in the recently added option at the home menu how can I get this back?

it's a bit of a pain going inside the Movies section then re-finding the movie to read the descriptions also what happened to the easy way to search for movies by what actor's had been in? the cast section seems to be missing now also?

sometimes you watch a movie like an actor and want to see what else they have been in without loading up a browser and doing IMDB searches
You've never been able to see the home recently added movie info. Huh
To get a background to my issue, please see my post in the Confluence Skin forum here: Edits to guisettings.xml for Fire TV v 1 don't work for some bizarre reason!

When I browsed around for a solution to my problem, I noticed this thread and then installed and ran your addon (thanks!).  When I ran it on the problematic Fire TV v1 Kodi 16.1, I deleted every entry except Files and Playlists. I saved it, and looked at the resulting Music submenu.  It was completely unchanged.  So I exited Kodi, cleared the cache, and tried again.  It was completely unchanged. So I exited Kodi and reset the Fire TV, then looked again.   It was completely unchanged!

I must be doing something wrong: pray tell, what is it?

Thanks!
(2017-02-14, 08:36)Hitcher Wrote: Krypton (17) only.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customisable home submenus0