v16 Aeon MQ6 full compatible with Kodi 16 Jarvis?
Question 
Hello,
at the moment iam running MQ6 (self modded) on Kodi 15.2 Isengard. And i wanna go up with Kodi to Version 16 Jarvis.

Some time ago i've read that there is no problem with that. So MQ6 is full compatible with Jarvis. But i cant find the thread/post anymore where it shows what i have to change in which file. I can remember that it was only a little number i have to change. But i cant find the correct post.

So please point me to the right direction. Thanks!
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Skin compatible with Kodi Jarvis is MQ7.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287669
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-08-29, 15:47)Wanilton Wrote: Skin compatible with Kodi Jarvis is MQ7.

I know, but that is not the answer to my question wanilton. ;-)

btw: I took some hours to checkout the public version of MQ7 some days ago. Its good work, but i cant see a lot of new features and settings. e.g. I like the new color management but i dont like the view type of the widgets. That means i like MQ6 much more (specially my own modded version) and will not update to MQ7. Maybe MQ8 can surprise me in the future?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Maybe...for MQ6, Jarvis only exist mods make by others members, like Angelinas and Scott.
"If you want to use original from Marcos mq6 Isengard version then change in addon.xml
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>"

Thank you Angelinas for your private answer. :-)
This don´t turn skin compatible. Jarvis have a lot of changes skin engine. It´s only allow install. You have a lot of troubles, including file manager. BAD IDEA

Look here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231270
i've been using mq6 on jarvis using the method above and had no problems.
Don´t make any sense use skin created for previous generation, but if work for you, ok.
to be fair, the next generation came out months before MQ7, so lots of us used this way.

MQ7 so far has been a bit buggy on Jarvis for me so i'm not switching over fully until i've had the time to see whats up with it. besides, i'm ready to upgrade to Krypton now.
What bugs do you have with MQ7, for now we have 3 bugs reported after public release.
(2016-08-29, 20:14)Wanilton Wrote: This don´t turn skin compatible. Jarvis have a lot of changes skin engine. It´s only allow install. You have a lot of troubles, including file manager. BAD IDEA

Look here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231270

Thank you for this information Wanilton.

Iam playing around with MQ6 and Jarvis since 2 hours now and cant see anything that is not working.

What problem with file manager? And what you mean with "lot of troubles"?
Well look changes for Jarvis link I post, and you understand...
(2016-08-29, 22:13)Wanilton Wrote: What bugs do you have with MQ7, for now we have 3 bugs reported after public release.

randomly losing my settings but i've not had the time to look into it. most likely problems on my particular setup and not bugs on your guys end. which is why i've not reported any "bugs" Smile
Probably is not in your side. Kodi Jarvis and Krypton have critical bug with variables, affect skins.
More info here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=288287

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ6 full compatible with Kodi 16 Jarvis?1