Android kodi on firestick, wrong ip
I have two firetv devices. one stick and the other is the box you can hook up ip cable to. the stick works great. the IP is the same as my home network. but when I hooked up the box with a cable, I get 192.168.49.1, it is suppose to be my router ip correct? witch is 10.0.0.1. why does it work on the stick and for some reason it will not pick up on the correct ip from the router? I ran ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew on my laptop in the cmd but still have the issue. can you direct me to how to at lease manually configure kodi ip?. thanks in advance
Ignore the 192.168.49.1 address. Look up the IP address in the Android network settings instead for the real IP.
I cant play movies from my network because the ip addresses are different. I have the stick in now and everything works because the ip matches my network. It will not communicate with my network without being on the same ip address. I tryed to install areaswizard or any other app and they will not install. frustrating. I see on the stick it is 10.0.0.109 but on the box it is the number. why don t they have it so a person can change the ip? I'm assuming it gets it from the router. but I am not sure. the box is the correct domain. just the Kodi app is the wrong address. there has to be a seclusion. it should just be assigned one from the router if I am not mistaken. I went to school for my CCNA , so I understand a little how it works. Just there are no settings in Kodi to modify.
Please don't mention banned addons again.

Now does the firetv have a fixed IP address set in android settings? This would prevent it getting allocated a valid DHCP address via your router? Make sure it is set up to get an address via DHCP or give it a fixed address matching your local network.

PS renewing the IP address on your laptop will have effect on the Firetv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@fritsch could you pick https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/da...e306ad9fcc , please Wink
I setup the larger firestick last night and it worked. The IP did not change Ned, just like you had said. firestick must assighn the Kodi an IP address and modify the out to the network. My movies play after I fooled around with the DHCP a bit also rebooted the pc. Sometimes that is the problem. Anyhow thank you all for the help.
I picked it - thx. Not sure this is a "clean" way - but I don't care too much :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I bought a matricom android box it has Jarvis on it but I don't have add-ons that I used to have on isregard how can I fix it to get my add-ons back
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-ons
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-30, 21:31)fritsch Wrote: I picked it - thx. Not sure this is a "clean" way - but I don't care too much :-)

Clean way would be to find the interface which route the default gateway.

You're welcome to implement that for a label, if you want it proper Wink
Hi,

I just installed the 17.5 version (and also tried the nightly build) on my fire-tv stick. The shown IP address is still the 192.168.49.1 and kodi is not reachable by the ip address of the fire-tv-stick.

When reading your post I got the impression that this fix would be included in some kind of feature release. Can you tell me when kodi is again working properly so that I can access smb and other functions again?

Best regards,
Silas007
What IP address does the OS (not Kodi) show you?
It's the correct one assigned by my router:
ip: 192.168.1.99
gateway: 192.68.1.1
dns: 192.168.1.1

As I learned the 49.1 Ip address is used for direct-wifi and has nothing to do with the ip address used by kodi or firetc stick to access the internet.

But since kodi uses the wrong IP address for announcing its services, they are not found (because not on the same subnet).
(2017-10-30, 10:41)Silas007 Wrote: It's the correct one assigned by my router:
ip: 192.168.1.99
gateway: 192.68.1.1
dns: 192.168.1.1

As I learned the 49.1 Ip address is used for direct-wifi and has nothing to do with the ip address used by kodi or firetc stick to access the internet.

But since kodi uses the wrong IP address for announcing its services, they are not found (because not on the same subnet).
Are you sure about that? I don't know much about how Kodi uses zeroconf, but what do you see in your log that confirms your diagnosis?
Zeroconf is broken on android with v17
Works again on v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi on firestick, wrong ip0