New 96Boards board: HiSilicon Poplar (4K capable, HDMI 2.0a, USB 3.0, GBit)
Nice board. I see it has wifi antenna connectors, a real bonus compared to most sbc's.

The specs require royalty free, but not necessarily open source, video acceleration. Without open drivers it may be difficult to get kodi devs interested.

EDIT: 12V/2A does not bode terribly well for power consumption.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-07, 23:26)nickr Wrote: Nice board. I see it has wifi antenna connectors, a real bonus compared to most sbc's.

Yes - three aerials/antennae are included in the box.

Quote:The specs require royalty free, but not necessarily open source, video acceleration. Without open drivers it may be difficult to get kodi devs interested.

Yep - I'm not hugely hopeful of any specific dev support. The combo of GigE + USB 3.0 + HDMI 2.0 is still quite rare in platform terms though. (Plus it has support for a whole bunch of other stuff that is more Set Top Boxy - like card readers, DVB tuners, PCI-E card etc.)

Quote:EDIT: 12V/2A does not bode terribly well for power consumption.

I'm guessing having an on-board PCI-E slot and also supporting external TS-connected DVB (or other flavour of DTV) tuners means it needs to include capacity for more than just the board?
Yes of course pci requires 12v I think.

Libreelec guys might be interested.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-08, 11:03)noggin Wrote:
(2016-10-07, 23:26)nickr Wrote: Nice board. I see it has wifi antenna connectors, a real bonus compared to most sbc's.

Yes - three aerials/antennae are included in the box.

Quote:The specs require royalty free, but not necessarily open source, video acceleration. Without open drivers it may be difficult to get kodi devs interested.

Yep - I'm not hugely hopeful of any specific dev support. The combo of GigE + USB 3.0 + HDMI 2.0 is still quite rare in platform terms though. (Plus it has support for a whole bunch of other stuff that is more Set Top Boxy - like card readers, DVB tuners, PCI-E card etc.)

Quote:EDIT: 12V/2A does not bode terribly well for power consumption.

I'm guessing having an on-board PCI-E slot and also supporting external TS-connected DVB (or other flavour of DTV) tuners means it needs to include capacity for more than just the board?

have You tested 3D capabilities of this board ? what about frame packed output ,is it working correctly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New 96Boards board: HiSilicon Poplar (4K capable, HDMI 2.0a, USB 3.0, GBit)0