Linux copy/paste
I am having a hard time trying to do a copy/paste some strings of text from Google chrome web browser to kodi. For instance, when I want to add some repositories, I want to be able to copy the repository URL string from Google chrome web browser to kodi. So far, pasting the copied strings to kodi gives nothing. Has anyone encountered this issue and knows a solution to this?
Would be helpful to know which Android box you are using. Of course, if you are talking about the 3rd party repositories that access pirated material and are forbidden on this forum, you may need to go elsewhere for help on them...
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
on most platforms (windows is the only exception) there's no copy/paste functionality in kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-08-31, 00:00)christoofar Wrote: Would be helpful to know which Android box you are using.
Ooops ... I thought when I created this thread, I specifically selected the subject line prefixed with Linux. Anyway, I just updated the subject line. To be more clear, this is a new kodi installation sans any add-ons on a Linux desktop computer installed with an OpenSuSE distro. Just tried to add a new repo to copy/paste the repo URL string from a Google chrome to kodi and no URL string to paste.
(2016-08-31, 00:01)ronie Wrote: on most platforms (windows is the only exception) there's no copy/paste functionality in kodi.

MacOS and iOS as well :)
Moved to Linux.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-08-31, 05:51)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 00:01)ronie Wrote: on most platforms (windows is the only exception) there's no copy/paste functionality in kodi.

MacOS and iOS as well Smile

thx! still learning something new about kodi each day :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So, no solution to perform a cut/pate for kodi on a Linux OS?
(2016-09-20, 04:17)Habibie Wrote: So, no solution to perform a cut/pate for kodi on a Linux OS?

install xdotool then use this command
Code:
sleep 5 && xdotool type 'string goes here'
then switch focus to kodi and wait for the input
(2016-09-23, 23:24)untoreh Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 04:17)Habibie Wrote: So, no solution to perform a cut/pate for kodi on a Linux OS?
install xdotool then use this command
Code:
sleep 5 && xdotool type 'string goes here'
then switch focus to kodi and wait for the input
This simple and rather inconvenient hack seems to work (better than nothing). Thank you.
(2016-08-30, 23:41)Habibie Wrote: I am having a hard time trying to do a copy/paste some strings of text from Google chrome web browser to kodi. For instance, when I want to add some repositories, I want to be able to copy the repository URL string from Google chrome web browser to kodi. So far, pasting the copied strings to kodi gives nothing. Has anyone encountered this issue and knows a solution to this?
I found a solution to the problem using the bash script below and binding it to the "Alt+V"key combination. Pre-installing the following xdotool and xclip packages on your Ubuntu 19.04 laptop
:
#!/bin/bash
A=$(xclip -o)
sleep 0.5s;
echo "$A" | xdotool type -- "$A"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
copy/paste0