Tough Pi project launch
I have launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a Raspberry Pi Tough case to the users. The case houses a 7 inch display and all USB, GPIO, Analog audio out, Micro SD and Ethernet can be accessed from the case top. All brackets are 3D printed with ABS and all the facades are made from 3mm laser cut acrylic. The case is both Pi 2 and Pi 3 compatible and is named the Tough Pi. There are varying rewards from a bare prototyping case just fit your Pi and provide power, to a complete solution with power supply and mini keyboard. Now that Kodi has bluetooth audio support, simply pair a bluetooth speaker and this case will act as a portable media centre. Please check it out and post any feedback, I'm happy to answer questions.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/957...i?ref=card
This is all just off-the-shelf parts with a handful of 3D printed brackets. It's not only unrelated to Kodi, but it's really not impressive as a "product". Impressive as a DIY project, sure, but not for kickstarter.
So harsh, I appreciate your feedback. It is related to kodi as the pi can support it. Ive utilised this case as a media player running openelec, so unrelated? No. Yes majority are off the shelf components and 3d printed brackets. I didnt say they weren't, but ive package them together in a tough case, to create a product. Not for kickstarter? Well I want to further develop this case, I want to develop a series 2 case with HDMI out, touch screen, inbuilt speakers and maybe scrap the battery compartment for an external hardrive. Any additional funding will go into better tooling and r&d for the Tough Pi 2. Thanks for your reply.
I don't mean to discourage, but understand that there's no shortage of people coming here wanting to show off the next big thing. Competition is hard.
Understandable, im just trying to get people to have a look and provide some feedback. Its hard to get it out there I feel like im spamming. I'm not discouraged, ive been playing with this platform for a while, I just found that this case has been quite versatile for me, so maybe others would be interested in something similar. Thanks for the reassurance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tough Pi project launch0