Another issue with Waveshare 7" HDMI LCD (touch)
Hi All,

This is a pretty old thread so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.
I have a Waveshare 7" HDMI LCD screen which i have attached to a Raspberry Pi (Mk1 rev2 I believe)
I have installed the provided Raspian image and on top of this i have installed a Kodi image based on a Car PC interface from this link:
Pi Car PC
When in Raspian everything works beautifully the minute Kodi opens the touch calibration is lost, When i run the touch calibration plugin
nothing changes nothing i do has made any difference to the touch functionality.
I can see that the touch functionality is active because the mouse pointer does move albeit weirdly intermittently also the pointer is way off, it doesn't follow where the finger touches the screen it's more like an inch or 2 away from the point of contact between finger and screen, using a clock face as a reference the pointer remains at about "4 O Clock" to point of contact.

Based on searches in Google the lack of similar reports lets me believe that others don't seem to have this issue and i would love to learn how to fix this frustrating issue.

Apologies for reporting it in this thread but as this seems to be one of the very few hits regarding the combination of this screen and Kodi i thought it might be noticed sooner if i mentioned it here, so please forgive the Hijack.

I anxiously look froward to hearing from anyone that can offer a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance
Bump... Please if anyone can help me...
Posting it here also:
I think you should remove everything you did in the "Calibrate the touch screen" step.
Even better to start from scratch.

My touch in Kodi works perfectly without doing this stuff.....
Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem. I have installed Raspbian Wheezy + Waveshare Driver. This is what i did

git clone https://github.com/derekhe/waveshare-7in...een-driver
cd wavesahre-7inch-touchscreen-driver
chmod +x install.sh
sudo apt-get update
sudo ./install.sh
sudo restart After this touch works just fine when raspbian boots. No issues with touch, pointer work on the right axis points.

After the installed the CarPC module my RPi boots fine to KODI but my touch axis is now in opposite axis. If the touch the right of the screen the buttons on the left are pressed.

Where do I make the axis changes now? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Kirk
Hello,
If I remember well there is a calibration script in "Programs" inside CarPC's Kodi....
Try with it...
If it doesn't help don't be a "script kiddie" Smile go inside the install script and comment all parts that are installing different drivers and calibrating the screen...
Or do as I did... install the CarPC theme by yourself without a script. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another issue with Waveshare 7" HDMI LCD (touch)0