Advice Amlogic or Cherry trail
Hi there, What device platform would you choose. I am deciding between Amlogic S905 (WeTek Hub for example) or Cherry Trail board (Atom x5-8350) LattePanda for example. Given that they are in the similar price point, what would be better for watching LiveTV, 1:1 Blu-ray rips and have smoother GUI performance? I intend to use Libreelec on them.
Same Answer Fritsch gave for the AAEON - UP Board - Intel x5-Z8350:
(2016-08-31, 20:53)fritsch Wrote: No HEVC-10 bit hw decoding support, sadly. Therefore not future proof :-(
Also I doubt there is HDMI 2.0 onboard these x5-Z8350 boards.
Users get all excited by USB 3.0, well for a Streaming media player all you need is USB 2.0. 10/100 Ethernet is enough as well.

You can read about a similar Cherry Trail Tronsmart X5 here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2142075

All you basically need is a AML S905 running LibreELEC Kodi for what you intend to do. GUI would be smooth on both of them, as they both have decent GPU's to run the interface.

These Intel x5-Z8350 boards are actually pretty expensive for just running LibreELEC, when an AML S905 ODROID C2 is what $40. And that comes with far better community support.
Support is what is very important in the end, regardless of tech specs, if you want a relatively trouble free LE box.

There are a whole bunch of LibreELEC devs now working with AML S905's, with a lot of forward momentum. Smile

Thanks a lot for your quick answer Smile Yes, the support is probably the key. I have a Rpi2 and I know how great it is. If you say, that they are actively working on it, then I made the choice Big Grin I was thinking about the intel one because its just x86 so I will always be able to install the generic Libreelec and not have to wait for community cooked build Big Grin

I really dont need HDMI 2.0 od USB 3.0 (as you said, i know that even Blu-ray movie has max bitrate of 40mbit). I just wanted something that runs quickly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice Amlogic or Cherry trail0