Linux add-on for kodi
I need to develop an add-on in kodi who can control it through voice command. I already did my research with existing one and found kodivc / voxcommando but they use http / web interface.
where as I want to develop local support i.e. ASR is running natively on same machine kodi is running.
I have microphone and ASR (speech recognition) module available. So I need to write an add-on which can take
voice command from my local running ASR engine and call kodi API to do respective action. Example, Volume up/down -> increase / decrease volume or on "search page" enter letter into search box as user
spell out letters.
So, could you tell me if it is possible in existing kodi release? My development platform is raspberry pi and using kodi installer on it (please note not any specific distribution image).

If yes, is there any document available that i can see to understand how kodi switch between input controls?
Example, if user go to system->services->settings and select control "voice command" and then locally running voice command add on starting ASR and take input action based on command.
Thread moved to add-on development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
From what I see in kodivc description, it fits your needs exactly and nothing stops you from running speech recognition engine on the same machine that runs Kodi.

Quote:f yes, is there any document available that i can see to understand how kodi switch between input controls?

It does not "switch between input controls". All input methods work in parallel. For example, you can use a remote, a keyboard and a smartphone app at the same time.

As far as I understand, kodivc mentioned by you recognizes user voice commands and translates them into Kodi JSON-RPC commands, which is the only possible way unless you want to embed speech recognition into the Kodi core.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add-on for kodi0