OS X Compiling for ppc
Before we start, I know ppc is a dying, legacy platform. I know that there are really cheap alternatives which will run faster and better. But, I have a 20" iMac G5 which I currently run Eden on, placed in my kitchen, and it works great for SD content. And nothing is cheaper than something you already have :-)

I have in my basement a server running TVHeadend, and throughout the house I have clients running Windows, OSX Lion and an Openelec build.

But, with the regular Eden ppc build, LiveTV isn't available, obviously. Has anyone compiled the PVR versions successfully for PPC? Any binaries available anywhere? I've looked around, and found a couple of places with Intel builds, but no PPC builds, which is pretty understandable as it's a dying platform. Are there any reasons why it shouldn't work? I don't expect to be spoonfed with a solution, but my only Snow Leopard machine, a Macbook pro, decided that the motherboard would be better suited if it was fried, meaning that if I want to try and compile this for ppc myself, I have to re-install my Lion machine with Snow Leopard (I think).

Regardless what anyone says, the iMac G5 is a good looking piece of machinery, and it doesn't look out of place in a kitchen :-)

ANY advice or pointers in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling for ppc0