• 13(current)
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?
anyone know if there is any work being done on a tvheadend frontend currently ?

the patch above is 2 months old
Hmm, it seems for me FreddyAV has no time to finished his work and nobody else is working on TVHeadEnd to integrate the EPG and the other stuff Sad

It would be nice, if FreddyAV could published his unfinished work, so somebody else could completed it...
I also hardly wait for TVHeadend integration in pvr branch. I would be willing to test it and report bugs, but i can't help coding because I don't have any experience in c/c++.
Hi all!
robert-wm has submited a patch with a basic tvheadend PVR client.
From patch description:
Quote:I've done some work on a PVRClient for TVHeadend based on the pvr-testing2 branch.

What works:
Get channel lists
Watch TV

To be done:
All other things like EPG, recordings, timeshift ...

The patch can be found here
Really nice with some progress here! Good workBig Grin
pucko Wrote:Hi all!
robert-wm has submited a patch with a basic tvheadend PVR client.
From patch description:

The patch can be found here
Really nice with some progress here! Good workBig Grin

Great !! but how do you implement it ?

Thanks
jeepcook Wrote:Great !! but how do you implement it ?

Thanks

Download the diff file and copy it to the root of the pvr branch.
Apply the patch with the patch command:
Code:
patch -p0 pvrclient_tvheadend.diff
Run configure and make.
The make command will fail. To make it compile you will have to update a couple of makefiles to include /xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg in the include path.
pucko Wrote:Download the diff file and copy it to the root of the pvr branch.
Apply the patch with the patch command:
Code:
patch -p0 pvrclient_tvheadend.diff
Run configure and make.
The make command will fail. To make it compile you will have to update a couple of makefiles to include /xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/ffmpeg in the include path.

Ok, not so simple ... so I will wait the patch commit ...
Do you have a merge request in with the right people? I'm delighted someone has found the time to do some work on this. Maybe it's worth getting SVN write access so you can work properly on this branch?
pause doesn't work right. propably becouse tvheadend uses unmaintained xbmsp code. after playing pasued stream video and audio desynchronise.

channel list sometimes broke. channel numbers get messed up.

channel switching couses xbmc to buffer stream when pressing channel+ or -.
when switching channels from list of channels it goes good. sometimes xbmc reports no descrabler available but tv is streaming.

shall i post this to official bug report ?
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
ukasz Wrote:pause doesn't work right. propably becouse tvheadend uses unmaintained xbmsp code. after playing pasued stream video and audio desynchronise.

channel list sometimes broke. channel numbers get messed up.

channel switching couses xbmc to buffer stream when pressing channel+ or -.
when switching channels from list of channels it goes good. sometimes xbmc reports no descrabler available but tv is streaming.

shall i post this to official bug report ?

You shouldn't be able to pause at all pauseing live streams was removed from the code because it didn't work proper
will pausing be supported ?
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
pausing/timeshifting is in my eyes a must have feature for a PVR solution - hope it's going to be implemented.
Hello,

i have made some tests with XBMC PVR + VDR & TVHeadEnd.

VDR works not to bad, but is a channel is not OK (for example, a bad reception) it cradhes.

So i have tested with TVHeadEnd, and it seems better. BUT channels appear several times in the list (3 times exactly).

If i use TVHeadend with classical way (Add Video Source etc...), the channel list is good.

I Would like to know if you have the same issue ?

regards
From the trac ticket... the duplication is apparently due to a problem with channel tags... try removing the tags from the web interface..

also what version of tvheadend are you using? 2.7? I just upgraded from 2.6 to 2.9 and the pvr client wasnt able to connect to either.
thanks for you answer. I will remove tags to see what happen.

I use the 2.9 (i have compiled it), and start tvhead end with sudo ./tvheadend -C.

I can connect without any problems (with PVR or by adding source rtsp:// )
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?5