• 17(current)
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?
Question 
hello,evey,i am a newer.just want to develop a local TV dvb app,i have a TV CARD use USB connect to PC.in windows i can use directshow and in linux use OPENGL work OK developed in c++.
HOW can i make this app into XBMC?

thanks.
Question 
Just want to confirm what the best way is to develop a PVR Addon now that the shift has been made to github.

It appears that the development of the PVR Add-On interface and display of PVR content in XBMC will be happening in dushmaniac's fork on github http://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc

Magro appears to be developing the latest Windows/MediaPortal PVR and 4TheRecord PVR clients at http://github.com/margro/xbmc (forked from Opdenkamp).

What's the best way to develop the MythTV Add-On? I've been using pvr-testing2 but that tree is way out of date apart from the PVR parts so using dushmaniacs fork somehow is a no brainer.

Is it possible to create a git repo that just holds the PVR Addon, e.g. without the entire XBMC source tree, or is my best avenue to take a fork of dushmaniacs entire repo like magro has done?
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
I'm no developer and certainly not a git expert but sounds to me that a fork is somewhat easier than stripping a git tree from 'uninteresting' things.

At least that's how I do it. I fork it to translate, test, build with different options, etc and keep it always ready and up-to-date.

Anyways, seems to me that it's a good thing that you can run a test-build whenever you want.

Just my €0.02

/hudo
It is possible to develop a pvr addon outside the XBMC source tree. The only XBMC files you need to copy to your own repo are the addons/library.xbmc.* directories as far as I know.
The main disadvantage of a separate git repo with only the pvr addon right now is that it is not easy to test required changes to XBMC itself.

My experience with the current PVR API is that it may need further extensions to support other PVR backends than the original VDR backend where the API is heavily based on. This is the main reason why I made a complete fork.

Grt,
margro
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I will add the latest and greatest for the MythTV PVR Add-On to https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc

I will try and co-ordinate with dushmaniac and margro to get any necessary changes / extensions to the PVR Add-On interface incorporated.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10445 has been updated to reflect this as well. If anyone is still interested in providing code updates please attach a github patch to the trac ticket. For those that have already contributed code for the Add-On PM me and we can talk about commit access to the github tree.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
is there already a tuxbox/enigma2 pvr addon that binds into the xbmc-pvr branch?
Quote:is there already a tuxbox/enigma2 pvr addon that binds into the xbmc-pvr branch?

I am hopping for this too....don't know if it's actually being doneHuh
no
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
linuxmad Wrote:I am hopping for this too....don't know if it's actually being doneHuh

i also hope for this.
i even would be willing to donate money for the development of a working xbmc enigma2-dm8000 plugin with full support for epg, zapping, recording (local and on box) and access to the hdd of the box.
(on windows os).

dushmaniac Wrote:no
this would be bad. hopefully someone can be found to do it.
no developer has expressed any interest in this (yet).
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Dushmaniac, are you going to update your ppa to 10.1 ?
a new ppa build will be probably be published this week.
it's not based on 10.1, but on the current master tree.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Any chance you could put this patch in to your next build?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96445 - DVXA2 Acceleration with de-interlacing!

Sorry for making requests. I don't really understand how the patch files work. No problem if it doesn't fit in to the way you are currently putting your build together.
that will have to go through a pull request in mainline xbmc. once it's included, eventually it'll be merged with the pvr tree.

I'm not going to customise the build. my builds will be made from the main pvr development tree. others are free to do "flavoured builds" of course.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Does anyone know if anyone is working on how to set this up with NPVR new build for windows 7 (aka GBPVR) as a backend? Reason I'm asking I've been running GBPVR as a Backend Server and GBPVR Client for a long time. I starting using XBMC last year as a player for my GBPVF recording due to XBMC looks better playing my recordings. Also the scraper is something NPVR or GBPVR don't have built in like XBMC but can be done on GBPVR or NPVR with a lot of work and still don't look as good as XBMC.

I don't watch anything on my server since it is tucked away out of sight so I only use clients to access all recordings and it also hold all my movies, with 4TB of storage it is what it should be a full functional backend server to serve all my clients, like MediaMVP, NMT Devices and now XBMC on a ZBOX. They all have advantages and disadvantages that we live with.Smile
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified PVR frontend (DVR/HTPC client GUI with EPG) and Addons API for PVR backends?5