Nvidia shield or Minix neo U1? Techies :)
Agree lots and lots of information a lot of which I do not understand, so currently I would not be able to provide you with the information you would need to provide me a good recommendation..
But if I knew what information I had to supply to get a good recommendation I could fill in what I know, google what I don't know and then give my best understanding answer.
Just thought it would help the questioners understanding of what they need to answer and make it easier to provide them with a good recommendation.
(2016-09-04, 17:05)HereIsTom Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 16:29)wrxtasy Wrote: HereIsTom is just having a go at me because I 've pull him up when he regularly tells us the Q10 Pro's 24p video playback problems are solved, when we know that is not the case. 3D 23.976fps has well known microstutters during playback. Confirmed by hdmkv himself.
I have no idea why you provide it on me, but since only one type of 3D file does not play well you say the HiMedia Q10 Pro is not good.
While HiMedia Q10 Pro still further just all play perfectly .
I just want to show that there are more good choices Wink

I like HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro quite a bit, but playback isn't perfect yet. It's getting there though. Here's @pcristi's report on 3D ISO's (which are all 23.976 I think, including concerts):
pcristi Wrote:HMD 1.0.0 - 1.0.6 HiMedia 24Hz not care
FrcInRate 24.0 -- FrcOutRate 24.0 - Formt/DispMode 1080P24_FP/FPK

HMD 1.0.7 HiMedia 24Hz ON
FrcInRate 23.97 -- FrcOutRate 24.0 - Formt/DispMode 1080P24_FP/FPK

HMD 1.0.7 HiMedia 24Hz OFF
FrcInRate 24.0 -- FrcOutRate 24.0 - Formt/DispMode 1080P24_FP/FPK

There's also an issue with a line artifact at the left edge of all 3D. HiMedia told me to simply enable overscan to resolve this, but after I explained that isn't an acceptable solution (especially for projection set-ups like mine), I believe they'll look into it. There are several other 'minor' issues being tracked in a closed beta-testers spreadsheet (no media player is immune). One is that turning off image processing doesn't seem to disable it fully, an annoyance to PQ purists.

Bottom line with HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro: if you don't need premium apps, they're the best choices (for now) for 2D + full 3D + full 4K + HD audio in one box! ...provided an external player solution w/Kodi doesn't bother you Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-09-08, 18:06)Theone5800 Wrote: Dude tried to rip me off man the internet is full of em well im safe anyway in the end i gave my credit card supplier a call and they got my money back as i just couldnt b bothered with the paypal dispute this time.But saying that i found someone else with two gamepads nvidia shield 16gb and a 1tb external with them emulator games on it.He said he will sort it all out with kodi so not to bad really this is all for £160 but might b a little extra for postage costs.

Also im not letting that other guy get away with it to easy as i have gumtree,paypal and my credit card supplier ready to take action against him.They have told me to wait 7 days from when i payed so a few more days to go then ill set the ball rolling.

Now the ball is rolling my credit card supplier,gumtree where i found the advert and now paypal are going to take action against this SCAMMER.Hehe

Im usually a nice guy but dont try pull a fast one scammer otherwise ill have your guts for garters mate. Smile
@hdmkv - re Q10/Q5 and Full HD 3D:

Non MVC: can it play full HD 3D (1080p rez) SBS or OU from mkv ?

MVC 3D: is this restricted to ISO and even then it stutters ?

Is MVC in mkv on the "to-do" list ?

thanks
Im on a downer guys Sad

It was all cool with this other guy then he sends me a long email out the blue going on about nothing to do with the deal then at the it of it he says ONLY FRIENDS AND FAMILY using paypal or the deals off.Well i told him where to go in detail without being abusive that is.

Im gonna buy it new ive checked out nvidia website there sold out and recommend ebuyer but they have discontinued it and scan website but thats on pre order.

Sad yes im sad and unhappy right now
(2016-09-09, 17:24)JustAnotherUser Wrote: @hdmkv - re Q10/Q5 and Full HD 3D:

Non MVC: can it play full HD 3D (1080p rez) SBS or OU from mkv ?
Yes, I believe so (but, don't quote me on it Wink); also, requires manual switching to SBS or TAB format via 'Menu' button during playback.

MVC 3D: is this restricted to ISO and even then it stutters ?
Yes, just affecting 3D ISO's at this point. Minor microstutters, but they're there. HiMedia is aware; fix is expected.

Is MVC in mkv on the "to-do" list ?
On beta-testing group's to-do list for HiMedia, but they haven't acknowledged, so don't know Sad.

thanks

See above.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Well i just forked out £170 around £5 for delivery from alza.co.uk so if anyone else is after one from the uk head over there now and grab yourself one. Smile they have them in stock.
I know now i shouldn't of said lets av yeah techies ok no worries because im baffled with most of your information.I should of said i need to know the basics maybe well yeah as it goes. Smile
@Theone5800: Are you talking to yourself? Smile
Hehe looks like it dont it Smile

I just didnt want the hardcore Techies's on this forum thinking i was tacking them for a mug.As i said lets av yeah techies i was only having a laugh but im now off to a good start with my shield tv box thanks to you all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia shield or Minix neo U1? Techies :)0