Simple IPTV Client transfer files question
Lightbulb 
I will probably answer my own question here , now i have a PC with KODI on it and i use it as my main movie library and i also have a Amazon Fire Stick which i use for the TV in the Lounge obviously i have set the firestick to look for my computer and then locate the hard drive my movies are kept on over wifi , both KODI's are identical as in what theme and plugins are on it so i have a mirror image of the kodi on the pc and on the firestick which leads me to my question ! im redoing the channel icons and also creating new groups for channels in IPTV simple client addon , im thinking instead of the painful task of adding each one by one changing channel logo's is there a way to transfer a file from my pc to the fire stick with the hard work already done on my pc or do i have to do it all over again on the firestick changing each logo again and creating the same channel groups effectively doing it twice , my first thoughts are yes because the paths are different even though they point to the same database but different paths they take to reach it , so i dont think it would be possible to transfer a file indeed which one to transfer the new channel logo's from pc to firestick but maybe its possible to take the file with the new channel groups to transfer over to firestick from the pc and which file would it be and where would it be , or is it a task that i have to perform on each device ?

thankyou in advance Huh
You can copy the channel database etc. by copying the TVXX.db database from your userdata folder. As for the icons, that depends on if you've configured them inside the M3U playlist for your addon or if you've configured Kodi to look in a specific directory for them. If the latter then you'll just have to share the logo directory and select it on both computers.
thank you for the reply negge , i will try this method it will save me a huge amount of time plus it will be easier to congige all what i have to do on the pc and just transfer the database file to kodi on the firestick
(2016-09-04, 00:38)no-spam Wrote: thank you for the reply negge , i will try this method it will save me a huge amount of time plus it will be easier to congige all what i have to do on the pc and just transfer the database file to kodi on the firestick

lol didn't work , i'll have to do the database again
What do you mean it didn't work? You'll have to make sure the addon and PVR manager is enabled etc. too, and the versions of Kodi has to be the same on both devices.
(2016-09-04, 09:25)negge Wrote: What do you mean it didn't work? You'll have to make sure the addon and PVR manager is enabled etc. too, and the versions of Kodi has to be the same on both devices.

everything is a mirror image on pc and firestick but they take different paths to reach the same database , the firestick is on wifi and access my database that way and the pc has direct access so if the data base on the pc is taking a short cut to the information then i presume when i drop the TV29 file in the fire stick it cant find it as the wifi path through kodi is different although it would point to the same hard drive but its going through a different way and thats what i did just drop the TV29 file on to the file stick and nothing happend
Well obviously you need to put the database file in the proper location. It should be in userdata/Database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple IPTV Client transfer files question0