Broadcast Timers Deleted
I've been having an issue for a couple of months with Kodi deleting the timers at startup. The source timers are intact with NextPVR, but when Kodi restarts and scans for new content, it immediately starts deleting the timers in Kodi. Has anyone encountered this or know what is the cause? I cannot find anything in the log to indicate why.

UPDATE: I misspoke when I stated the recurring timers delete after Kodi starts up - it is in fact ALL timers that are deleted. I know that the back end timers remain, but this is not normal behavior. So no one else is experiencing this behavior? With a new season right around the corner, this makes using Kodi more difficult.
I've run into the same issue. However, it appears to only affect the Kodi client and not the backend server. Timers are deleted on the client when they are no longer active due to the program not appearing in the epg. I've seen deleted timers reappear on the client once the show reappears in the epg. This is especially true for timers that are configured to record new episodes of a program.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Assuming you are having the problems with Kodi 16, do you guys have the chance to test a recent Kodi Krypton beta build? I have changed some things there wrt timers and there are chances that the problem is solved for Krypton.
Really no one else has this issue?!?
(2016-09-10, 13:36)GeoffG Wrote: Really no else has this issue?!?

I've not ever seen this issue on my setup.
(2016-09-06, 07:49)ksooo Wrote: Assuming you are having the problems with Kodi 16, do you guys have the chance to test a recent Kodi Krypton beta build? I have changed some things there wrt timers and there are chances that the problem is solved for Krypton.

(2016-09-10, 19:35)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 13:36)GeoffG Wrote: Really no else has this issue?!?

I've not ever seen this issue on my setup.

I have, but they are only deleted on the front-ends. The back-end retains the timers and triggers them accordingly so although it's a little annoying, I've never considered it an issue.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I was talking about frontend changes I did for Kodi Krypton.
(2016-09-10, 19:50)ksooo Wrote: I was talking about frontend changes I did for Kodi Krypton.

Personally not a big fan of beta testing my primary HTPC so I do look forward to this being resolved in Krypton R1. Any suggestions on setup issues I can look at to prevent this from happening? Sometimes when I restart Kodi the timers remain intact, but most of the time they are deleted. I use Kodi primarily for viewing recorded OTA content, so this is a big deal to me.
Sure, it's all up to you. Just wanted to say that now is the perfect time to report issues for Krypton. Once Krypton is released only very important bugs will be fixed for Krypton. Everything else will go exclusively into v18, then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broadcast Timers Deleted0