Keep Audio Device Alive: 1 minute
Support 8 channel DTS-HD Audio Decoding: Enabled
Enable audio DSP processing: Disabled
Enable Passthrough: Enabled
Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable receiver: Enabled
DTS Capable Receiver: Disabled

Using this sample/test movie
Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 Channel Check

I cannot get true 7.1 surround sound to work. Can someone help me?
That file has a 5.1 soundtrack according to mediainfo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Mediainfo only sees the core of DD+ 7.1 tracks, which would be 5.1. It doesn't see the 4 channel extension. It's been like that forever. In relation, maybe Kodi only decodes the 5.1 track? (If Kodi properly decoded DD+ 7.1 tracks, this would mean that mediainfo would be patched rather sooner than later)
Kodi shouldn't be decoding anything, he is trying to passthrough.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Disable passthrough - also wrong forum...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Moved to osx
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-03, 07:34)nickr Wrote: Kodi shouldn't be decoding anything, he is trying to passthrough.

Even if that was right, which you absolutely can't be sure of since you're not a mindreader, and besides all his audio settings are kinda contradicting eachother - mediainfo still doesn't detect DD+ properly. Also I don't think OSX support passthrough of DD+ unless that feature has implemented in a recent OS update.

In OSX it seems DD+ is limited to 5.1 however way you slay it.
Exactly - disable passthrough and it will decode the audio into 8 channel pcm ... Thats the only way to transfer more then 6 channels to your amp on osx...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Nope. Only the 5.1 DD core when decoded to pcm? But I could be wrong..

On another note, full DD+ *bitstreaming* compatibility requires full HDMI bitstreaming (TrueHD , DTSMA) capabilities. Of course modern amps will have the ability to generate the 2 back surrounds as phantom channels, but that's not the same. Silly Apple..they do almost everything else right. (In the audio/video area)
How about a debug log (wiki) for the pcm case...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get 7.1 audio0