v17 Movie Set feature request
Not sure how much trouble it would be to mod the code for "Movie Set" lists, but what I would love to see is:

Using the example of Harry Potter, I have 3 of his eight movies that I have converted to digital format. Kodi, upon seeing i have one or more of the Harry Potter movies appears to create an entry in the "Movie Set" list that creates an entry in the Movie Set table so that when I pull it down and go to the Harry Potter Collection it shows me my 3 movies. What would really be nice is to populate the list with all of the movies and tag the missing titles so that when I I decide to go shopping for new movies to add to my collection, I know that I need to get this one and this one. Currently the layout is like this:

Harry Potter Collection

2011 Harry Potter and ...
2010 Harry Potter and....
2004 Harry Potter and...

It would be nice to see something like this:

Harry Potter Collection

2011 Harry Potter and ...
2010 Harry Potter and....
2009 Harry Potter and...
2007 Harry Potter and...
2005 Harry Potter and...
2004 Harry Potter and...
2002 Harry Potter and...
2001 Harry Potter and...

Where the red titles would be missing from the collection.

I have spent several years collecting all my DVD's and such and at one time had 4 400 DVD changers in my living room. I have since converted over 2/3rds of my collection to electronic format and have those thus far hosted on a server in my Network room of the home. Knowing what movies I am missing would allow me to quickly compile a list and in some cases would make me aware of sequels to movies that I didn't even know existed. From a simplistic viewpoint it seems to me that this would not require a significant amount of coding cycles though its been to many years since I code to safely say this, however since your already making a trip across the wire to the IMDB i assume to know that these movies are in a set, why not pull the additional info about the movie set and help us out.

Your consideration of this request is appreciated.

Al
I like this idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set feature request0