• 4(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
@ziggy73701, if you have any interest in getting animated posters into the next release, this is your warning: I will be releasing 3.4.0 on the 23rd (assuming nothing explodes between now and then). If you want that change to be included, please provide a diff or at least file(s) based on 3.3.8.

Also, please make a new thread regarding the 3D flag/cover issue. We can discuss it there.

For everyone else: please get your testing and bug reports in ASAP. It won't be the last release, but I try not to push new releases often since I'm sure it costs Team Kodi.
(2016-09-10, 07:05)jingai Wrote: @ziggy73701, if you have any interest in getting animated posters into the next release, this is your warning: I will be releasing 3.4.0 on the 23rd (assuming nothing explodes between now and then). If you want that change to be included, please provide a diff or at least file(s) based on 3.3.8.

Also, please make a new thread regarding the 3D flag/cover issue. We can discuss it there.

For everyone else: please get your testing and bug reports in ASAP. It won't be the last release, but I try not to push new releases often since I'm sure it costs Team Kodi.

Notice taken Big Grin I'll have a poke around and once am happy it works will send over what you need! Thank you for considering this!
Just installed Metropolis 3.4.0rc1

Installed perfect without any crashing. Also great job with the new Buffering icon looks much better and also not seeing it for local files Smile

But I do have one issue didn't there used to be a "Get More" button where all the Video Add-ons are? Because I am still not seeing it and I could swear it was there before.

I will report back with any other issues I come across.

Thanks Smile
Ok found another issue!

The weather widget is not showing on the home screen.

Update!

Ok I see I had to actually add the weather widget manually never had to do that before it was just always there.

I also needed to re add the widgets for Movies and TV Shows "Recent Movies & Recent TV Episodes" too.

Is that something new or a bug?
All of the old widgets will need to be relinked. If you're installing from scratch, the defaults would appear, but if you're upgrading, I'm afraid there is no way to migrate your old widgets.
There isn't a "Get More" link in the Programs->Video section.

The "Get More" links are usually in dialogs where it's asking you to select an add-on for a specific task, e.g., weather icons, lyrics script, etc.
One thing I do notice it seems the widgets for Movies and TV Shows "Recent Movies & Recent TV Episodes" seem to display a little slower in the latest update. I also notice if you click on "Videos" for example on the home screen and then go back to home screen and highlight Movies or TV Shows where the widgets are shown you can see a blank image that says No Image Available for like a second or so and then the "Recent Movies & Recent TV Episodes" will display. Pretty sure it was always instant before this update.

Maybe it's because I did a upgrade instead of a clean install?

Also as far as the "Get More" thing I am not saying your wrong it just that I can swear there was a "Get More" icon in the same menu where all the Video Add-ons are. Was it removed from Kodi 17 or am I remembering something then never existing? lol
Nope I am not going crazy here is a screen shot Smile

They are slower because I'm using the Skin Helper script to for the widgets now. I plan to implement templates to remove the need to load them every time you view them though.

In the meantime, you can still directly select the widgets to get the previous behavior. It is only the defaults that are translated through the script. This is so I don't have to keep track of which widgets are currently functional/best.

As for the Get More button, I honestly don't remember, but in any case it's not something specific to the skin anyway.
(2016-09-10, 17:21)jingai Wrote: They are slower because I'm using the Skin Helper script to for the widgets now. I plan to implement templates to remove the need to load them every time you view them though.

In the meantime, you can still directly select the widgets to get the previous behavior. It is only the defaults that are translated through the script. This is so I don't have to keep track of which widgets are currently functional/best.

As for the Get More button, I honestly don't remember, but in any case it's not something specific to the skin anyway.

Thanks for the info and It definitely sounds like I am not seeing Get More icon because it was removed from Kodi 17 I bet.
(2016-09-10, 17:21)jingai Wrote: They are slower because I'm using the Skin Helper script to for the widgets now. I plan to implement templates to remove the need to load them every time you view them though.

Hi jingai,

I asked about the missing Get More Button in the Estuary thread and a Kodi developer told me they moved it to the side menu.

Any chance you can add it to the side menu when viewing Video, Music, Pictures and Programs Add-Ons in Metropolis too?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2412543

Thanks
(2016-09-10, 22:02)gate1975mlm Wrote: I asked about the missing Get More Button in the Estuary thread and a Kodi developer told me they moved it to the side menu.

Any chance you can add it to the side menu when viewing Video, Music, Pictures and Programs Add-Ons in Metropolis too?

See Clean up Side Menus.
(2016-09-12, 12:55)jingai Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 22:02)gate1975mlm Wrote: I asked about the missing Get More Button in the Estuary thread and a Kodi developer told me they moved it to the side menu.

See Clean up Side Menus.

Jingai thanks so much I really appreciate your hard work!!! Smile

This will be a very welcomed addition.
Metropolis 3.4.0rc2 is released (see first post).

Current focus: Widgets, widgets, widgets.
As far as I can see everything seems really good with RC2 in fact the only issue that I just noticed is with the Weather Add on display.

I am using Yahoo Weather.

Here are the issues

1. With extended forecast enabled 7 days are displayed where as with Kodi 17 default skin 10 days are displayed.

2. With the 7 day forecast display there is wasted text with no weather description on each day.

Examples Humidity, Precip, Clouds and Wind

Maybe this text should be removed since there is no weather description for them?

3. When 12 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

4. When 36 Hour Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

5.When Weekend Forecast is selected all you see is "NA"

6. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Maps.

7. Nothing happens when clicking on Weather Settings.

Example When clicking on Weather Settings in Kodi 17 default skin it takes you to "Settings,Services, Weather"

Thanks and I will let you know if I see any more issues.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)0