New Script (and Plugin) BBC PodRadio
When the plugin trys connecting to the net it freezes xbmc. Why?
theres were a few hangin situations in v1.1

Latest is v2.01 (WindowXML based) skinable, anims, Live Radio into Plugin, self installing plugin, and includes all discussed fixes/improvments to date.

grab it from here but it only allows a limited number of downloads.

Hopefully it will appear on xbmcscripts.com soon

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Great work! I like the script interface.

One thing that still doesn't work is "Local Radio Stations (40)" under "Browse Radio by Radio Stations" which should display a menu of all English local radio stations.

BTW It's available on xbmcscripts.com now.
now up on XBMCScripts.com
Retired from Add-on dev
That works perfectly- well done and thanks for a wicked script.
Cheers BigBellyBilly. Ace script and plugin!!!
Rainbow 
Thanks again Billy Wink This script forms part of both my and my father's daily life these days!

I would like to download a few shows from the site however and wonder if that could be supported?

Also I notice that the script seems to have substantially more entries than the plugin - the plugin appears only to use the BBC's podcast entries not their listen again archives? - indeed if the plugin had the listen again archives on it then I'd be able to use the plugin to save to the hard disk via switchmedia then filemanager... Smile

Any chance that anyone could help with these two issues?

Lastly a supersize helping of gratitude and kudos to Billy for making this all possible ;-)
Rainbow 
i stand corrected on all counts :-o - discovered I'm using an archaic version of the plugin which didn't support this and that new versions, in fact, do have listen again.

Thanks again Billy!
Rainbow 
Sorry to spam the thread folks....

But I actually can't save listen again titles.

I tested it on Where's the Femur from BBC Radio 4 Listen again.

It's giving:

'Copy failed:
Failed to copy at least one file. Operation was aborted'

I suspect its something to do with not having extracted the final link location and simply using the .ram to get the stream running => can't save the actual file or something?

Final file which clicks before the program plays perfectly is 0.1kb in size suggesting it's the .ram/.rm - which just conatains the location of the actual file itself....

All this is done via navigating through the plugin to the appropriate place in the normal way. Then using the white button choosing 'Switch Media' followed by 'filemanager' then selecting a local folder to copy to. Works for copying files from many plugins to HD.

Any chance of some kind of update that facilitates downloading?

thanks again!
As you've sussed already, the final programme link that you pick isnt the actual content, it still has to be parsed and fetched, which is a function in the plugin. This means the context menu 'save' doesn't have anything to save, which means it's probably a bit different to other plugins in that respect ?
Retired from Add-on dev
Rainbow 
Hey Billy,

Thanks for the fast reply. Yeh, usually you're dealing with direct links to the media when you finally select it meaning that when you choose to 'copy' it with the file manager the xbox downloads the file to the hard-disk.

I'm assuming that, since we get the direct link at some stage, there is a work around for this that we could, at least theoretically, employ?
Rainbow 
Just posting again to bring this up nearer the top again as it's dropped bellow.

I might try and tweak your scripts to achieve this Billy but I'm a rookie and my chances of success are slim ;-) so any help, from anyone, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
not had time mate, sorry.
Retired from Add-on dev
Rainbow 
Just to say I attempted it but didn't manage. Undecided Need to read up more. Smile
BBC PodRadio (with plugin) v2.1 available on xbmcscripts.com

Fixed lots of scraping due to site changes and improved several areas including Local Radio support.
Also added language (translations welcome) and self updating support.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script (and Plugin) BBC PodRadio2