Jarvis doesn't work anymore
I installed Kodi on my build today and it worked....and now it doesn't. It just hangs on the black screen.

I initially installed Jarvis so I didn't upgrade from 15 or what ever.

My setup is
CPU Athlon X4-2.3ghz
GPU Geforce 7300LE
2GB RAM
Lubuntu 16.04

I was trying to get it to display on a small screen I have hooked up to the GPU (it's for a project) and now even on the large display, it won't load at all.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The drive I was using was failing, it failed this morning (stupid IDE to SD card adapter). I assume that may have been a root cause of the issue since I installed Kodibuntu and it worked out of the box on a completely different drive.
Your graphics card is way too old to be of any use in a modern HTPC. You should seriously consider getting some newer hardware.
(2016-09-04, 10:04)negge Wrote: Your graphics card is way too old to be of any use in a modern HTPC. You should seriously consider getting some newer hardware.

Graphics are the least of my concern. The computer is going to be a stand alone network music player, a jukebox so to speak, similar to like the Sony HAP-1 unit. No streaming video or anything like that, just playing music over my home network.
Nevertheless kodi is a gui program and requires said gui to run om modern-ish hardware.

There are way better solutions for a headless music player.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well I have it running Jarvis through Kodibuntu, so at the moment I am fine. I have all this hardware sitting around, shame to buy new hardware for what should be a small task that the old hardware can handle easily.
Well in that case I guess all is well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis doesn't work anymore0