• 3(current)
Mod Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 7
(2016-09-11, 17:41)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 14:57)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Hey OP, where did you get the Kodi intro from?

Not sure if you're asking me, but I got my intro video here...
KODI Intro

Great thanks. Did you add the audio yourself?

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, I added the audio. I think I got that audio from Youtube's music collection.
(2016-09-04, 00:02)latts9923 Wrote: The new version of the Holiday Mod is ready to go!

Holiday Mod v3.0

Holiday background images

Installation Instructions

Location of skin files per OS...
Linux - /home/yourusername/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7
Windows - C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7
Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq7

1. Extract the files from holidaymod_v3.0.zip to the corresponding skin.aeonmq7 subfolders.
2. Install the Skin Themes addon for AEON MQ 7, then extract the files from MQ7_background_images.zip to resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq/resources (located in the same addons folder as skin.aeonmq7).

If you would like to install the mod without overwriting your files, I included <!--* HOLIDAY MOD *--> markers at the top and bottom of all the code I added.

Everything seems to be working fine...and I didn't have to include a new Textures file this time. Let me know if you run into any problems. Enjoy! Big Grin
Hello mate, I'm a complete novice of this kinda thing so bare with me, but I've installed kodi and added MQ7 via a zip, skin looks great and that's all fine but I want to add your holiday mod but I don't seam to have Windows - C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7<br /> could you help me out if you can, thanks

Sent from my D6603
Quote:Hello mate, I'm a complete novice of this kinda thing so bare with me, but I've installed kodi and added MQ7 via a zip, skin looks great and that's all fine but I want to add your holiday mod but I don't seam to have Windows - C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeonmq7<br /> could you help me out if you can, thanks

Sent from my D6603

In Windows, the AppData folder is hidden. Make sure you check "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in your View Options.
Thanks bro
You bet!
So I'm assuming this can't be done on a Android box, M8s+?
I'm sure it can if you can access the file system. I have it running on my Fire TV Stick.
This is an awesome mod man! Even though I extracted the backgrounds folder to the addons folder it shows up in themes but they're all greyed out :/
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2016-09-27, 03:50)LupinSansei Wrote: This is an awesome mod man! Even though I extracted the backgrounds folder to the addons folder it shows up in themes but they're all greyed out :/

Thanks! Make sure and install the SKIN THEMES - AEON MQ Addon under Skin Settings>Themes>Get Themes>Get More. You may have to extract the three Holiday folders to resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq>resources again if it overwrites your existing folder after the install.
Cool thanks! I'll give that a shot Smile

*edit* Yep! That's what I needed to do download the theme pack and add the holiday backgrounds to the resources folder.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Cool...glad you got it working!
So just spit balling some ideas here since you are awesome at customizations. Any way to get additional types of "stars"?

By this I mean, maybe some pumpkins or candy canes depending on the season. There are multiple types of stars in the stock skin, so i have no idea if its an easy or hard request. Either way, great work!
(2016-10-11, 01:50)win88ice2004 Wrote: So just spit balling some ideas here since you are awesome at customizations. Any way to get additional types of "stars"?

By this I mean, maybe some pumpkins or candy canes depending on the season. There are multiple types of stars in the stock skin, so i have no idea if its an easy or hard request. Either way, great work!

Thanks! I didn't want to clutter the screen with falling images, so I left it as it was in the original MQ6 version.

You can easily add more items to the holiday falling images. For example, if you search for Halloween in includes.xml, you will find all the settings for the falling images. If you add extra image controls, make sure and adjust their position and animation effects so that they don't appear on top of other images and duplicate their movement.
(2016-10-11, 13:21)latts9923 Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 01:50)win88ice2004 Wrote: So just spit balling some ideas here since you are awesome at customizations. Any way to get additional types of "stars"?

Thanks! I didn't want to clutter the screen with falling images, so I left it as it was in the original MQ6 version.

You can easily add more items to the holiday falling images. For example, if you search for Halloween in includes.xml, you will find all the settings for the falling images. If you add extra image controls, make sure and adjust their position and animation effects so that they don't appear on top of other images and duplicate their movement.

Ahh i think i might have confused you with what i mean. I am talking about in the actual movies and TV section. I am talking about the top right of the screenshot below:

My point about in the settings, was that you can change the stars sets here:

Can we add another "Style" of stars which would be either pumpkins or candy canes? I am hoping its an easy add to this menu, so it will be consistent across all media sections and info screens, but im not 100% sure if thats how it works!

Thanks!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 72