• 4(current)
Mod Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 7
(2016-10-11, 15:36)win88ice2004 Wrote: Ahh i think i might have confused you with what i mean. I am talking about in the actual movies and TV section.

Haha...OK, I'm with you now. That's a good idea...I can look at that.
Great, thank you!
(2016-10-11, 01:50)win88ice2004 Wrote: So just spit balling some ideas here since you are awesome at customizations. Any way to get additional types of "stars"?

By this I mean, maybe some pumpkins or candy canes depending on the season. There are multiple types of stars in the stock skin, so i have no idea if its an easy or hard request. Either way, great work!

Here's an example of the pumpkin "stars" for your ratings...

As it stands right now, to get this to display correctly, you have to manually set your color for each star level at ffffffff (white). I'm working on a way for the skin to automatically set the color when you choose one of the holiday stars. This will take a while to complete...I have to create 103 star images for each holiday. Eek It may not be ready before Halloween, but I'll try my best. I'll post the new code and update the original post as soon as it's ready.

Thanks again win88ice2004 for the great idea!
Here's what it looks like if you leave the level colors as is...

Well, that didn't take near as long as I thought. The pumpkin "stars" are ready to go. This is not part of the Holiday Mod download yet...still working on Thanksgiving and Christmas "stars".

Download - Pumpkin "stars"

Installation Instructions

The included files in the 1080i folder contain multiple mods...use for reference only.

Extract the pumpkin folder into the correct folder under media in MQ7 (media/flags/stars).

Open IncludesVariables.xml and find...
Code:
<variable name="value_styleratingstars">

Add the following value between the <!--* HOLIDAY MOD *--> markers...
Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">flags/stars/3D/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">flags/stars/bar/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">flags/stars/flat/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">flags/stars/italic/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">flags/stars/sloped/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">flags/stars/strip/</value>
<!--*   HOLIDAY MOD   *-->
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">flags/stars/pumpkin/</value>
</variable>

Right under that you will see...
Code:
<variable name="value_status_styleratingstars">

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">$LOCALIZE[31123]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">$LOCALIZE[32006]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">$LOCALIZE[31098]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">$LOCALIZE[31100]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">$LOCALIZE[31097]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">$LOCALIZE[31129]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">$LOCALIZE[31099]</value>
</variable>

The pumpkin "star" value above uses ID #32006 in my language file, which is listed as...
Code:
msgctxt "#32006"
msgid "[COLOR orange]HALLOWEEN[/COLOR]"
msgstr "HALLOWEEN"

Open SkinSettings.xml and find...
Code:
<label2>$VAR[value_status_styleratingstars]</label2>

Replace the onclick entries below that with the the following...
Code:
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,bar)</onclick><!-- para barra -->    
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,flat)</onclick><!-- para plano -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,italic)</onclick><!-- para italico -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,sloped)</onclick><!-- para inclinado -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,strip)</onclick><!-- para tiras -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,3D)</onclick><!-- para 3D -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,pumpkin)</onclick>

To get this to display correctly, you have to manually set your color for each star level to ffffffff (white). You can select RESET to get the colors back to their defaults if you want to revert back to one of the MQ7 stars.
(2016-10-16, 20:48)latts9923 Wrote: Well, that didn't take near as long as I thought. The pumpkin "stars" are ready to go. This is not part of the Holiday Mod download yet...still working on Thanksgiving and Christmas "stars".

Download - Pumpkin "stars"

The included files in the 1080i folder contain multiple mods...use for reference only.

Extract the pumpkin folder into the correct folder under media in MQ7 (media/flags/stars).

Code:

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">flags/stars/3D/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">flags/stars/bar/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">flags/stars/flat/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">flags/stars/italic/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">flags/stars/sloped/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">flags/stars/strip/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">flags/stars/pumpkin/</value>
</variable>

Right under that you will see...
Code:

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">$LOCALIZE[31123]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">$LOCALIZE[32006]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">$LOCALIZE[31098]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">$LOCALIZE[31100]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">$LOCALIZE[31097]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">$LOCALIZE[31129]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">$LOCALIZE[31099]</value>
</variable>

The pumpkin "star" value above uses ID #32006 in my language file, which is listed as...
Code:
msgctxt "#32006"
msgid "[COLOR orange]HALLOWEEN[/COLOR]"
msgstr "HALLOWEEN"

Code:
<label2>$VAR[value_status_styleratingstars]</label2>

Replace the onclick entries below that with the the following...
Code:
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,bar)</onclick><!-- para barra -->    
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),bar)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,flat)</onclick><!-- para plano -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),flat)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,italic)</onclick><!-- para italico -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),italic)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,sloped)</onclick><!-- para inclinado -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),sloped)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,strip)</onclick><!-- para tiras -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),strip)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,3D)</onclick><!-- para 3D -->
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),3D)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,pumpkin)</onclick>

To get this to display correctly, you have to manually set your color for each star level to ffffffff (white). You can select RESET to get the colors back to their defaults if you want to revert back to one of the MQ7 stars.

UNBELIEVABLE! Looks Great!
(2016-10-16, 20:48)latts9923 Wrote: To get this to display correctly, you have to manually set your color for each star level to ffffffff (white). You can select RESET to get the colors back to their defaults if you want to revert back to one of the MQ7 stars.

For what its worth, this took about 3 minutes on my end. Not a heavy lift at all, and definitely ups the anti!

Thanks much!
(2016-10-17, 01:36)win88ice2004 Wrote: UNBELIEVABLE! Looks Great!

Thanks!
does it work with Kodi krypton beta 3 Huh?
(2016-10-17, 07:15)Vegeto_10 Wrote: does it work with Kodi krypton beta 3 Huh?

This is designed for MQ7 Jarvis.
Can't wait for the final package, keep up the good work Wink
Here are the Thanksgiving and Christmas "stars"...

Download - New "stars"

You need to have the pumpkin "stars" installed before proceeding. If you haven't installed that yet, please go here.

Extract the capotain and santahat folders into the correct folder under media in MQ7 (media/flags/stars).

Code:

Replace with...
Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),capotain)">flags/stars/capotain/</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),santahat)">flags/stars/santahat/</value>

Under that find...
Code:

Replace with...
Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),capotain)">$LOCALIZE[32011]</value>
<value condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),santahat)">$LOCALIZE[32007]</value>

The two stars use IDs #320011 and 32007 in my language file, which are listed as...
Code:
msgctxt "#32007"
msgid "[COLOR red]C[/COLOR][COLOR green]H[/COLOR][COLOR red]R[/COLOR][COLOR green]I[/COLOR][COLOR red]S[/COLOR][COLOR green]T[/COLOR][COLOR red]M[/COLOR][COLOR green]A[/COLOR][COLOR red]S[/COLOR]"
msgstr "CHRISTMAS"

msgctxt "#32011"
msgid "[COLOR brown]THANKSGIVING[/COLOR]"
msgstr "THANKSGIVING"

Code:

Replace with the the following...
Code:
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),santahat)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,bar)</onclick><!-- para barra -->    
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),pumpkin)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,capotain)</onclick>
<onclick condition="StringCompare(Skin.String(styleratingstars),capotain)">Skin.SetString(styleratingstars,santahat)</onclick>

That should do it. I will update the Holiday Mod download to include all three new "stars."
Hello Lats9923, Thanks for this wonderful mod, i am new here, i manually insert your mod into the videol yrics mod, everything works in the holiday mod, except i cannot change the main menu fonts to the candy cane fonts etc. The three options are not there in the font selector. Can you direct me where to go to troubleshoot? thanks in advance.
(2016-10-24, 19:49)bobbie digital Wrote: Hello Lats9923, Thanks for this wonderful mod, i am new here, i manually insert your mod into the videol yrics mod, everything works in the holiday mod, except i cannot change the main menu fonts to the candy cane fonts etc. The three options are not there in the font selector. Can you direct me where to go to troubleshoot? thanks in advance.

You're welcome!

Make sure you extract the fonts from the mod into the fonts folder, and then double check the files from the mod and verify that you have all the holiday code for the fonts entered in Font.xml, IncludesMainMenu.xml, IncludesVariables.xml, and SkinSettings.xml.
Here's a Christmas composition I made...

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Holiday Mod v3.0 for Aeon MQ 72