Android Ariel based font it too small in kodi 16.1
After installing kodi onto my UG802 Android 4.2.2, I need to change the default font to Ariel based font so kodi will be able to show foreign characters, i.e. Chinese, etc. Unfortunately, changing to Ariel based font makes all the letters small. So, is there a way to make the Ariel based font bigger?
No one can help?
Check in settings>appearance>fonts There's selection, including 'big'. this might be skin dependant.
I know the big font, but it does not support foreign characters, let alone the big font is not big enough to some older people.
Properly named, you can put just about any font you want into Kodi, but watch out of overlap.
Try using a different skin. I recommend mimic for older people.
(2016-09-06, 15:49)PatK Wrote: Properly named, you can put just about any font you want into Kodi, but watch out of overlap.
I am not sure I do understand what you said. Regardless, I certainly will appreciate if you would kindly explain steps needed to accomplish what you said above.
(2016-09-13, 08:57)bluecircle Wrote: Try using a different skin. I recommend mimic for older people.
I tried your suggestion to install mimic skin. TBH, it is not acceptable mainly because it changes my screen resolution from 1080p to 720p. If I use the default confluence skin and set the screen resolution to 720p, then I will achieve the same font size the mimic skin provide and that is not big enough. I am looking for something like using advancedsettings.xml to change the font size. Is there such a thing in kodi?
(2016-09-23, 05:03)Habibie Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 08:57)bluecircle Wrote: Try using a different skin. I recommend mimic for older people.
I tried your suggestion to install mimic skin. TBH, it is not acceptable mainly because it changes my screen resolution from 1080p to 720p. If I use the default confluence skin and set the screen resolution to 720p, then I will achieve the same font size the mimic skin provide and that is not big enough. I am looking for something like using advancedsettings.xml to change the font size. Is there such a thing in kodi?

Mimic will not change your screen resolution. The latest version (5.0) has several font options, some of which are larger than others.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-23, 05:20)braz Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 05:03)Habibie Wrote: [quote='bluecircle' pid='2413994' dateline='1473749824']Try using a different skin. I recommend mimic for older people.

Mimic will not change your screen resolution. The latest version (5.0) has several font options, some of which are larger than others.[quote]You are right. I tried mimic skin again and my screen resolution has not changed. So far, I like it, but my preference is still the default confluence skin. One thing I could not find with this mimic skin is the QUIT icon.
Font size is dependent on the skin. You need to look for the right skin to use.

As for the QUIT function, it is quite easy to add it to the menu in Mimic.

Go to
Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Setup menus and widgets > Add

then highlight the new menu item and
Choose item for menu > Kodi command > Quit

Return to the main page, wait for the menu to be rewritten and QUIT should be there.

And in that menu setup you can remove items that you don’t need and add ones that you want.

Another skin to try is XPERIENCE1080 which makes Kodi look like an android TV box.
(2016-09-25, 08:04)bluecircle Wrote: Font size is dependent on the skin. You need to look for the right skin to use.

As for the QUIT function, it is quite easy to add it to the menu in Mimic.

Go to
Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Setup menus and widgets > Add

then highlight the new menu item and
Choose item for menu > Kodi command > Quit

Return to the main page, wait for the menu to be rewritten and QUIT should be there.

And in that menu setup you can remove items that you don’t need and add ones that you want.
Nice and thank you for the information. Now, my menu has QUIT button and it works, too.

Quote:Another skin to try is XPERIENCE1080 which makes Kodi look like an android TV box.
I like this, too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ariel based font it too small in kodi 16.10