v17 Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update
(2016-11-17, 16:39)defdog Wrote:
(2016-11-06, 01:26)Pillze Wrote: I'm still having the black screen on exit, reading around it seems to be something MS did as I found this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...d1f4c56ab3
I have tried all suggested fixes in that thread to no avail.

Oh I dealt with this one on my game forums!

Go into your display adapter properties and make sure your Refresh rate is set at 59 Mhz and not 60 Mhz!

Thanks, I will try this when I get home today.
Hi all,

I'm also experiencing the stuttering with krypton. Tested Windows 7 and Windows 10 and beta 5.
Kodi 17 is stuttering on both systems. It's getting worse when sync playback to display is enabled or if the movie contains audio which must be decoded by kodi and passthrough cannot be used. CPU load is at 40% max. Seems like having audio decoded by kodi worsens the effect.
No stuttering at all with Kodi 16.1 on both systems!

Thank you,

am
So I did try the 59Hz and although it seemed to be better the issue still exists. This is a major issue and surprised this far into development it has not been fixed. Especially since a lot of low powered device would need to use hardware acceleration.
@raidflex: Thank you for the input but this is no real option. I have Playback: Adjust display refresh rate: ON as I'm using different material (e.g. 24Hz, 50Hz ) so I need the refresh rate adjusted accordingly. For now I will stay with kodi 16.1 till the stuttering is fixed. This is the only bug left which prevents me from using krypton.
(2016-11-20, 15:40)am2015 Wrote: @raidflex: Thank you for the input but this is no real option. I have Playback: Adjust display refresh rate: ON as I'm using different material (e.g. 24Hz, 50Hz ) so I need the refresh rate adjusted accordingly. For now I will stay with kodi 16.1 till the stuttering is fixed. This is the only bug left which prevents me from using krypton.

Try changing the adjust refresh rate to "on Start/Stop" this seemed to help also.
I'm having the exact same problem, except that just selecting "software" rather than "auto detect" does not remove the problem..I have to actually turn off hardware acceleration. This used to work perfectly on the public 16.1 version. Its been driving me crazy.

1. Version of Kodi: Version 17 in Windows 10 store
2. Windows version: 10 Home
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel Core i5-6500 [email protected] 64-bit.
4. RAM: 8 GB
5. Play any 24 FPS 1080p movie and slight to extreme stutter occurs. Settings: always adjust frame rate.
6. PC connected via 1-gigabit network switch to QNAP NAS where the files are stored using cat6 cable.

Video Card: EVGA GTX 960 SC, driver version most recent.
Kodi 17 beta 6:

The problem is still present on both win 10 store and win installer version. Stutter every 10 to 20 secs, crash after 20-30 min of playback. Tried with 1080p 24 FPS & 60 FPS(h.264), 2160p 24 FPS (h.264 & h.265) videos and hardware acceleration enabled; adjust refresh rate to "on Start/Stop".

My hardware:
Win 10 64bit anniversary update
i3-2120
AMD RX 460
Samsung UHD TV; HDMI 2.0

Edit: Kodi 16.1 works flawlessly
I was able to fix the problem for me by switching from "fullscreen" to "windowed mode"

hope it helps for somebody

MJFox
(2016-12-12, 16:33)MJFox Wrote: I was able to fix the problem for me by switching from "fullscreen" to "windowed mode"

MJFox

Thanks, but it's not a fix, but a workaround.
(2016-12-12, 16:37)oomek Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 16:33)MJFox Wrote: I was able to fix the problem for me by switching from "fullscreen" to "windowed mode"

MJFox

Thanks, but it's not a fix, but a workaround.

yeah, I know, but I think one can live with that workaround for now
still not fixed in beta 7 Sad
I've checked RC1 and the issue is still not fixed. Also have tried an old nightly from April 2016. In that old version no stuttering at all. Also 16.1 works without issues.
I'm surprised to see RC1 with a bug having such a high impact on usability. I mean the main purpose of kodi is to play back movies/videos, but with this bug it cannot serve its main purpose. Does any one know if there's a chance to have this issue fixed?
Still not fixed in RC2 Sad
Actually I stay on Kodi 16.1 which works flawlessly.
and massive issue like add windows 10 share not working if we have a fresh install of kodi 17 still not fixed etc... (must have a previous install of kodi 16.1 to work)
Im really really afraid about the final version of Kodi 17 Sad
Stuttering is still there in RC3 Sad I see when any overlay is active (e.g. the progress bar of a movie) then the stuttering goes away or is at least less visible during display of the overlay.
try solution from this ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17100#comment:24

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update1