Double-hit Info button/White button for expanded metadata
Hey all,

During a movie, within all skins if you hit info or the white button, it brings up a static info splash. I say static because you have to hit it again to make this screen go away. This is not like most media UI's. I am suggesting that if you hit this button once, a mini-info screen will splash just showing the basics; time remaining, media thumb maybe genre; and then after a few seconds, that screen will fade out. Then if if you were to hit the white button/info button a second time while that mini info screen is up, there will be a more expanded info screen that would also have the plot, rating etc... Then you would hit the info button again to bring it back to the mini-info screen that will fade in a few seconds. It's like this on my TiVo and on my cable box and I like that you can just view mini-info and then an expanded info. Probably made no sense and might be something that only an individual skin would have to do but just a suggestion. Cheers!
What if you haven't finished reading by the time it fades out? Seems like a pain in the arse to me. Just because other "media UIs" do it, doesn't mean it's better. Similarly, if you finish reading what you want you'd have to wait for the fade out, rather than killing it immediately.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I agree jmarshall about this mostly. I think that if all that came up when you press the white button was the little box up top (1:03:57/1:47:03) and not the media info, that having it automatically disappear would be a good thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double-hit Info button/White button for expanded metadata0