Trouble with autostart on Ubuntu 16.04 + systemd
I setup the autostart script as per the instructions in sections 1 and 5 here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Autostart_K...emd_script. Kodi starts and stops fine when manually using systemctl start/stop/restart but upon reboot the screen goes into powersave mode and the last bit of visible output is

Code:
[      2.603198] fb: switching to inteldrmfb from EFI VGA

There are no errors in the kern.log after that

Code:
Sep  4 19:49:53 kodi kernel: [    2.584474] Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x25
Sep  4 19:49:53 kodi kernel: [    2.584695] [drm] Replacing VGA console driver
Sep  4 19:49:53 kodi kernel: [    2.591159] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
Sep  4 19:49:53 kodi kernel: [    2.591163] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
Sep  4 19:49:53 kodi kernel: [    2.600198] [drm] Finished loading i915/skl_dmc_ver1.bin (v1.26)

Kodi is running and responds to keyboard commands (I can exit the program, however the display is not active. The only way to get the display working is to restart kodi with `systemctl restart kodi`. Might anyone know how to fix this?
I used 6 and not 5 and have had no issues. Care to test with lightdm?
I disabled and removed the systemd config and tried using lightdm as per step 6 however I experience the same issue. I tried a different display (Dell computer monitor -> Sony tv) but that does not appear to be the problem. I can get the display to work correctly by restarting Kodi using the systemd or lightdm based configs after boot or by restarting kodi within the app, however I cannot get it to work on a fresh boot. What might cause the display to sleep during the boot process?
Update the kernel to at least version 4.7.x (as I don't know from your logs what you are running).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with autostart on Ubuntu 16.04 + systemd0