• 54(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
Your firetv is alive with regular builds as well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I had this problem and couldn't figure it out after trying all the suggestions.

Had a mess about in the android box menus and went to Sounds > Digital Sounds and changed from Auto detection to HDMI and WORKED FIRST TIME!!!

Hope this can help someone else!
(2017-05-25, 15:06)Martijn Wrote: Your firetv is alive with regular builds as well

Nope. I've got a first gen and passthrough doesn't work.
You don't need to
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-25, 16:38)Martijn Wrote: You don't need to

I don't need to do what? Listen to surround sound audio? hmmm. I'm not following you.
Hello.
I have a problem with passthrough DTS. My TV Sony KD-49X8309c (android 6.0) is connected with receiver (Pioneer VSX-820) by digital cable SPDIF, because my receiver does not support HDMI ARC.
When I play movie (.mkv) with DTS or Dolby Digital on standard Sony player, TV properly sending to signal to receiver.

When I play movie (.mkv) with Dolby Digital on KODI 17.3, TV properly sending to signal to receiver.
While I play movie (.mkv) with DTS on KODI 17.3, Kodi can not play movie. On TV appears black screen and nothing happens.
When I switch off "DTS capable .." in settings->audio output->
Video is playing correctly, but receiver can not correctly recognize audio.
Can I count on Your help?
Your devie is horribly broken - just read the first post ...

Enable AC3
Enable AC3 Transcoding
Disable DTS

Set speaker to 2.0
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-30, 12:38)fritsch Wrote: Your devie is horribly broken - just read the first post ...

Enable AC3
Enable AC3 Transcoding
Disable DTS

Set speaker to 2.0
I read first post. I know now that my TV not correctly transcode DTS signal to AVR. Maybe I did not understand everything, but which version I must download. The newest?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
Try this: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

if you want to experiment with DTS (read first post what the shitty build does), try that: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk (you need to enable DTS again - be warned)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-30, 14:12)kamil d Wrote:
(2017-05-30, 12:38)fritsch Wrote: Your devie is horribly broken - just read the first post ...

Enable AC3
Enable AC3 Transcoding
Disable DTS

Set speaker to 2.0
I read first post. I know now that my TV not correctly transcode DTS signal to AVR. Maybe I did not understand everything, but which version I must download. The newest?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

Btw. if you don't want DTS - you can keep the stable build you have, just make your settings as told.
Btw.
The main problem is with my TV (SoC) not in Kodi?
Jep - it fought for the worst firmware award :-) - some say it has won.
well, nougat is on it's way, we'll see..........
(2017-05-30, 15:16)kinggo Wrote: well, nougat is on it's way, we'll see..........

I already have nougat on my phone, it's brilliant Cool
does the latest shitty build containt the security patch of Krypton 17.3 ?

edit: installed it and it reflects 17.3
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178