Log full of "VNSI: Trigger EPG update for channel XXX, id: xxxxxxxx" messages
Why my VDR log is full o messages like the one in the subject?

VNSI: Trigger EPG update for channel XXX, id: xxxxxxxx

I can see all those messages every two or three minutes. My VDR is configured to update EPG every 5 hours, and my kodi clients are configured to update EPG every three hours. Why those continuous triggering of EPG updates? The problem is that my Wetek Play stutters when watching Live TV, and it always coincides with some EPG update. I suspect some of those updates raise CPU to 100% and the kodi player is not able to play TV smoothly.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know if this solves your problem:

1. You can lower the log level on the vdr server side.
2. You can configure kodi in the live tv settings to not update the epg while streaming live tv.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-09-06, 09:30)hoppel118 Wrote: I don't know if this solves your problem:

1. You can lower the log level on the vdr server side.
2. You can configure kodi in the live tv settings to not update the epg while streaming live tv.

Greetings Hoppel

1. I raised the log level because of the stuttering, so the problem existed before changing the log level in VDR.
2. I have kodi configured that way.

The question is: Why is VDR updating the EPG so often? Is this needed? I have VDR configured with EPG updates every 5 hours. Why is this ignored?

Regards.
(2016-09-06, 09:46)jucaroba Wrote: The question is: Why is VDR updating the EPG so often? Is this needed? I have VDR configured with EPG updates every 5 hours. Why is this ignored?

Regards.

Those are two different stories. The VDR setting it for scanning EPG over all channels even when not playing any channel. When playing a channel VDR receives EPG updates from this channel and maybe other channels on that transponder (sat).

Apart from that you most likely run an outdated version of Kodi and vnsi and the issue may have been long fixed. Try Kodi v17 beta and report back if the issue is still there.
(2016-09-06, 10:10)FernetMenta Wrote: Those are two different stories. The VDR setting it for scanning EPG over all channels even when not playing any channel. When playing a channel VDR receives EPG updates from this channel and maybe other channels on that transponder (sat).

Apart from that you most likely run an outdated version of Kodi and vnsi and the issue may have been long fixed. Try Kodi v17 beta and report back if the issue is still there.

I have left my Wetek Play powered on all the night, without playing any channel, and the log is equally full of those "Trigger EPG update ..." messages (every couple of minutes).

I run kodi 17.1, VDR 2.2.0 and VNSI 1.11.16 (latest stable libreelec version).

Is it possible to disable the EPG updates in VDR/VNSI to see if those are the culprits of my stutters?

Regards.
I remember that this is a vdr 2.2.0 issue. It continuously signals epg changes and as a result vnsi sends updates. I would upgrade to 2.3.1 and vnsiserver 1.5.x

If you disable vdr status interface in vnsi addon settings, no updates will be sent.
(2016-09-06, 10:50)FernetMenta Wrote: If you disable vdr status interface in vnsi addon settings, no updates will be sent.

I can not see any "VDR status interface" setting in VNSI addon for kodi or in VNSI pluging for VDR. Do you mean "Allow VDR Messages" or am I missing anything?
(2016-09-06, 11:15)jucaroba Wrote: I can not see any "VDR status interface" setting in VNSI addon for kodi or in VNSI pluging for VDR. Do you mean "Allow VDR Messages" or am I missing anything?

Yes, that's the name for it.
(2016-09-06, 14:29)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 11:15)jucaroba Wrote: I can not see any "VDR status interface" setting in VNSI addon for kodi or in VNSI pluging for VDR. Do you mean "Allow VDR Messages" or am I missing anything?

Yes, that's the name for it.

That did the trick. No more continuous EPG updates. I still have stutters when watching TV, but it's much better now. The remaining stutters are subject for another thread, that I will write later.

Thanks for the support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Log full of "VNSI: Trigger EPG update for channel XXX, id: xxxxxxxx" messages0