Switch between Kodi and RetroPie
I was wondering if anyone has setup an easy way to switch between RetroPie and Kodi? I understand "easy" may be subjective but what I was looking for is to be able to have a custom menu Item on Kodi to open and run RetroPie, and then a menu item on RetroPie to switch back to or open and run Kodi.

I have an ASUS Chromebox with Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 16.1 using Nox Silvo, RetroPie installed from https://github.com/retropie/retropie-set...x86-Flavor

Kodi is used for 90% of our media consumption and is obviously already set up so I really didn't want to install Kodi again through RetroPie but I suppose if that would make things easier I could just copy my current userdata folder to the new installation. I have run accros a couple addons that sound like they would accomplish this but they only seemed to be for OSMC or Rasbian and I'm not sure if those would work the same for me.

I'm not afraid to dig into the command line so if needed I would be able to set up everything up behind the scenes but would like the end result to be simple enough for my wife and kids to be able to switch between the 2 as needed.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, If this is something that others are interested in as well I will update this post with a solution in the future should it come up.

Thanks in advance
Scott
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch between Kodi and RetroPie0