Android Forced Subtitles
Hi all,

I have an interesting issue that's driving me nuts. I have a movie on my nas that has forced subtitles within the first 5 minutes of the movie. If I play it on my mac in QuickTime it displays the subtitles. If I play it on the Apple TV via Infuse, again we have subtitles and likewise in the same app on the iPad.

Now, if I put it through MrMC on the iPad, no subtitles and same in Kodi 16 and 17 beta on my android tablet and also through the Kodi app on the mac. I've been through every setting I can find and I cannot get MrMC or Kodi to display the subtitles at all.

Can anyone help?
What do your Subtitle preferences say? Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles
Default settings
MrMC (who is both a person and a fork of Kodi) told me this:

Quote:that’s because IEC-608/708 subs in mpeg4 are not supported yet, they actually come out of ffmpeg demuxer and it’s disabled in there. But ffmpeg had a ton of commits in this area. For MrMC, we would need to bump ffmpeg to pick up changes. kodi has them but no one has reenabled it and checked.
Ok, so what does that mean? The file is a movie from iTunes with the drm removed so it'll play on anything. Does this mean both MrMC and Kodi need to do something for it to work? Strange that I've not noticed it before but I guess I don't have much with forced subtitles in it.

(2016-09-08, 03:03)Ned Scott Wrote: MrMC (who is both a person and a fork of Kodi) told me this:

Quote:that’s because IEC-608/708 subs in mpeg4 are not supported yet, they actually come out of ffmpeg demuxer and it’s disabled in there. But ffmpeg had a ton of commits in this area. For MrMC, we would need to bump ffmpeg to pick up changes. kodi has them but no one has reenabled it and checked.
It means a Kodi dev needs to look at this to fix it. Confirmed bug :)
In which case a trac ticket needs to be raised with sample and debug log file.
Ok, how do I do a sample on a mac? If you tell me how to get the log file and where to send it I'll gladly upload it for you if it helps to fix this bug.
Open up Terminal.app and type in the following, but don't hit return.

Code:
sudo dd if=

then drag the file over the terminal window, and it will fill out the path name. Next, type in this at the end of the line:

Code:
of=~/Desktop/Sub_sample.mp4 bs=100M count=1

Change .mp4 to whatever file extention the original file is in. Now press the return key to execute the command. Terminal will ask for your password, because DD is a powerful tool that should be used carefully.

That should generate a 100MB sample on your desktop called "Sub_sample".

Use this for the debug log: Log file/Easy (wiki)

Then upload both to http://trac.kodi.tv using your forum username and password.
Ticket created here : http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16891/

Dropbox link to sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zhvnbh7gxc6wd...e.mov?dl=0

Log file uploaded
Maybe dropbox or mega?
Thank, dropbox link added.

(2016-09-10, 04:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Maybe dropbox or mega?
Are my files of any use?
I assume they will be once one of the devs has a chance to look at it. A lot of them are actually all in a conference together (annual Kodi dev con) so maybe they'll do some bug crunching sessions this weekend.
Any chance I can get an update to this bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forced Subtitles0