Android Anyone recommend an android tv box that works well for kodi?
I'm looking for a new Android box, I have been looking at the Amazon fire TV box but have seen some higher-spec boxes for cheaper. I have set up a few of these for myself and friends and with my Internet speed I rarely have trouble with buffering (although I never watch live-stream), however I would like to be able to navigate smoother and would like the remote control to be good. Anyone have any recommendations?
Thread moved to hardware.

Look at the threads in this section (especially the stickied ones at the top) which should give you a lot of suggestions and answers.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-07, 08:10)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to hardware.

Look at the threads in this section (especially the stickied ones at the top) which should give you a lot of suggestions and answers.
okay thanks
Hello there

Im no expert on kodi but i have the minix neo X8-H it runs pretty well on that,Minix have the upgraded ones the X8-H PLUS and the NEO U1 which is the latest i think.I made a post like yours on here and a member on here who has more KODI savvy than me recommended the HiMedia Q10 Pro which is pretty cool if you head over to there website 2 check it out.But in the end something was drawing me to the Nvidia Shield TV box so now im waiting on the Nvidia shield instead.
@emjenny, as recommended, see @wrxtasy's excellent stickied thread: Pick the Right Kodi Box.

Your shortlist of Android boxes should include:
- nVidia Shield
- WeTek Hub (best of the 'budget' boxes)
- HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (consider only if you need ability to play own 3D ISO's and 4K videos in one box)

Re: FireTV, nothing wrong with gen2 (although gen3 should be announced soon). It's fairly snappy, does 24p and 4K@30 now with SPMC or MrMC (Kodi forks). And, if you're a Prime member, it's the best box for Prime movies and TV shows.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone recommend an android tv box that works well for kodi?0