Service Addon - When Does it Die
I tried some searching but this is kind of a specific use case questions so I didn't see anything that helped. Just wondering on the exact timing of things during a login/logoff procedure. I'd be happy to dig through code if someone can point me in the right direction of the files too.

Use Case:

You have Kodi setup with multiple profiles. You also have several service type addons that are set to "start=login". If you login to Kodi with one profile, and then logoff for another what is the behavior of these addons? I would expect that the Logoff procedure would give a kill signal to the addon (abortRequested) and stop it. Then the Login procedure would start the addon again with the new profile.

Given that different profiles can have different addon data the addon may function differently from profile to profile. Is this behavior how it actually works? Granted I haven't done a lot of homework on my own here. Just playing with profiles and wondering how these addons will start to behave.
that's how it is supposed to work, but i'm not sure if it actually works these days (it did at some point). it can easily regress because my profile code was/is rather shabby.
the login vs startup thing was added precisely for this situation initially.
Ok, thanks for the response.

I'll have to run some tests and see what I find out. Never really messed with the profiles before but kids are getting older and it's becoming a necessity.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Service Addon - When Does it Die0