v16 password for section within addon
"HI"
I have created an ad-don for my family members to use and would like to have them all use the ad-don at the same time and have there own section of the addon.

I am trying to put a password on a section within an ad-don so that only one family member can use that section of the ad-don. if possible can i please be pointed to the direction of the files i would need to edit and what code i would need to input for this to take affect on the section of the ad-don.
If you didn't say that you created your own add-on, I would have pointed you at profiles, each with their own password and access to some of the library.
i would really like to have a look at those profiles if possible please!! i didnt create my addon i just used a template and added some menus to so i can use it!!
Profiles (wiki) allows you to grant access to specific folders and network shares based on the profile being used. This is ideal for systems that have multiple users. It works much the same as setting up individual users on your home computer. Alternatively, Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki) offers hierarchy favourites with password.
hi thank you for the reply!! i do not have multiple users on my home kodi i have zipped my ad-don and want my family members to add it to there kodi and use it with there section in the ad-don password protected.
(2016-09-10, 04:54)lawrstudent Wrote: hi thank you for the reply!! i do not have multiple users on my home kodi i have zipped my ad-don and want my family members to add it to there kodi and use it with there section in the ad-don password protected.

What sort of add-on are you creating that would require your "family members" to have separate password protected sections? I mean what is so sensitive? You are just creating extra complication and work.

If you really don't want your cousin seeing the same content as your Uncle then why not make slight alterations to the add-on for each "family member" household you are giving this to? Can't by more than 4-6 versions right?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
i thought about that but thought it would be more work than needed!! thought it would be easier to have separate sections rather than have different ad-dons for my family.
(2016-09-10, 08:21)lawrstudent Wrote: i thought about that but thought it would be more work than needed!! thought it would be easier to have separate sections rather than have different ad-dons for my family.

Yes it is more work but so is password protecting sections. I still don't understand why certain family members are only allowed access to certain sections?

Why not make your add-on for everybody?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
i want to make it for everyone but basically i want a section for myself so that none of them can access it and if i could do the same for theirs that would be good to
lets stop with this "family members" crap please. Its pretty obvious what you are really on about...
"no" seriuosly just for my family members!!!!!!!!!!!! what you mean we now what your really about!! i came on here to hopefully get some help and and to learn not to be abused!!!!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
password for section within addon0